GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple questions, how much do i crank the bolts on my torsion bars to get an inch of lift, and who makes a good add-a-leaf? i'd like just a little more height, for that HD look. also will i have any issues with the front end at +1"?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I think that'll be fine. But, there isn't a defined number of turns, its different for each trucks because of variations in the torsion bars. All you need is a ruler :) Then have it aligned when you're done.

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
The only way i now how to do it is to jack the truck up and crank the bolts the same number of turns on each side and then let the jack down and measure from the top of the front fender, and do this till you get the desired hieght. You may want to crank a 1 1/2" since the bars might setle.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Raise it up and measure till your 1 1/2"s from the ground (tires that is) then crank em till they hit the ground, give it a day or so and they will settle and your set!

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dark Eternal said:
An aal is an aal. Procomp makes them I know.
i figured, just didn't know who made one. i don't like procomp, i had a set of their rockcrawler wheels, which were junk. i might just have a set custom made... i assume i'll need new u-bolts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts