GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...hello, everyone. I have decided to lift my 1500HD Sierra and I have decided on Cognito's 10-12" kit. As of right now, I think I'm sold on the Moto Metal 951B wheels and Nitto Mud Grappler tires. Yes, I am aware of the noise and mileage of the Mud Grapplers. I know I can fit a 37" tire under my truck with the Cognito lift, but I'm also considering a 38" tire. I'm going to leave the Cognito lift at 10", so would I be able to fit a 38" tire? I'm not quite sure what size wheel and backspacing to go with. Can anyone please help me here? This will be my first truck to be lifted, so any input and advice that anyone here can provide me with, would be great!

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
how much is the l ift seting you back if you dont minde me asking

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
you shouldnt have any trouble running 38s, i plan on running 37s with a cst 6-8. and i'd go with somewhere around -12 offset for your rims, dont know what the moto metals offset will be but get something in that neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i got pics in a thread of mine on 38s with a 12 inch lift...i got a 1500HD also...wheels have 4.5 BS

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
I would personally stick with the 37s if you plan on leaving the kit at 10" and uncranked. I do recommend leaving the kit uncranked as well. If you really want 38s, my opinion would to be add a body lift or bump up to a 12" Full Throttle or 3rd Coast kit. You could probably clear the 38s at 10", but it would be tight and would rub when turning and hitting bumps. After having several lifted trucks, some that rubbed and some that didn't, I don't want to have to worry about rubbing anymore!! So, I'd run 37s on 10" if it was me. Should look really sweet. Post some pics when you get started!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts