GMC Truck Forum banner

Lifting a '00 Sierra 2WD

2K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  MindlessDeviant 
#1 ·
I have been contemplating lifting my truck instead of lowering it. But I have a few questions. This is what I am thinking.

3" lift spindles
2" Coil Spacers

Add a leaf in the rear
2" Blocks

Anyone see an issue with this? And will it be as simple as just these things?

I may also consider a 2" body lift depending on the results of the suspension change.

#3 ·
go with a nice mid-travel set up, like Blitzkrieg or Camburg or something. If you can afford it go with a Mazzula kit, wish I could. You've got 2WD, take advantage of the easy possibility of long travel!
screw the body lift.
thats completely opposite of what hes looking to do with the truck, he said he wants spindles and coil spacers and your saying to do long travel, 2 completely different things there

#4 ·
thats completely opposite of what hes looking to do with the truck, he said he wants spindles and coil spacers and your saying to do long travel, 2 completely different things there

hey, I gotta push my unrealized dreams somehow. :crazy:

I wouldn't really see mid-travel as being the opposite of lift, I'd see it closer in similarity than compared to slamming it. Gonna be a heavy coin, but still cheaper than LT'ing a 4X4.

#5 ·
hey, I gotta push my unrealized dreams somehow. :crazy:

I wouldn't really see mid-travel as being the opposite of lift, I'd see it closer in similarity than compared to slamming it. Gonna be a heavy coin, but still cheaper than LT'ing a 4X4.
Or long traveling a ford focus too.

A long travel kit I can almost guarantee is out of the question. Most people don't want to drop $3000 on a long travel kit that never sees offroad.

I ran a 3" spindle 1.5" coil spacer and hated it. The ride sucked and I just ended up being the same height as a cranked z71 silverado.

I would save up your money and do the 7" procomp kit. You can get it for $1050 shipped and it's a much better kit. Either that or just go with 4" spindles.

#6 ·
I would save up your money and do the 7" procomp kit. You can get it for $1050 shipped and it's a much better kit. Either that or just go with 4" spindles.
:werd07: I have the Fabtech 7" and it rides pretty good. I was lowered 4/6 before I lifted it and dont regret lifting it one bit, actually wish I wouldve done it sooner!

#7 ·
Im lower and want to go taller... Any time you put a spacer or lift coil your going to get a stiffer ride, if you can deal with that is personal preference, my springs seem soft so Im sure ill have no problem. It would be better to go with a full 6" lift but if its not gonna see much off road then you shouldnt have a problem with the spindle+ spacer. What size tires are you looking to clear?

#8 ·
Right now I have a 3" spindle, 2" springtech spacer, add-a-leaf, and 2" block with bilstein 5100's all around and I think it rides much better than stock. It stiffened up a bit but the stock ride was too bouncy to begin with.

#9 ·
I have a OBS, with a 1.5 Spacer and 4" Spindle. And I can not tell a difference in ride. Rides just like stock. I even rode in a co-workers OBS Tahoe. It was 4wd. But mine seemed to ride better.

Go with your budget. I did, and love the results. Not everyone has 3-5K sitting around to throw just suspension. I know I dont. I bought a brand new house.

#10 ·
Thanks for the info guys. And no it probably wont see much off road. I do live on acreage but I dont take it mudding or anything. It is mostly a road truck. I was considering the 4" spindles as well. Just wanted to see what peoples takes were on things. And I am trying to keep it as cheap as possible due to several other projects that I am working on. This is just a daily for me.

As for the ride quality it doesnt bother me. I used to have a lifted jeep and I dont think I know of anything with such a ridged ride. So I am thinking 4" spindles 2" spacers and add a leaf and blocks should be a decent setup.

And I am looking to run 35" Buck Shots

#14 ·
Or long traveling a ford focus too.

A long travel kit I can almost guarantee is out of the question. Most people don't want to drop $3000 on a long travel kit that never sees offroad.

I ran a 3" spindle 1.5" coil spacer and hated it. The ride sucked and I just ended up being the same height as a cranked z71 silverado.

ah, apparantly your dreams are different than mine. Ford Focus, c'mon?
Yeah, I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down though, it was just a random post on my part.

Now I see the OP is on a tight budget, so go right ahead, spindle and spacer lift is primo to fit the bill.

btw, Mark, that Corsa Sport is WAAAAY loud, much more than I expected! whooo loud! Nice set up though, high quality, but it sounds a bit tinny up top with no cats and Thorley LT's.

#16 ·
With stock backspacing you may be able to squeeze a 35 in there. I am going to try and squeeze a 37 on top of my 5" susp and 3" BL on stock wheels

#18 ·
btw, Mark, that Corsa Sport is WAAAAY loud, much more than I expected! whooo loud! Nice set up though, high quality, but it sounds a bit tinny up top with no cats and Thorley LT's.
Fantastic. Yea I couldn't handle it with longtube headers and no cats. You are more brave than me I guess.

#19 ·
I have an 07 suburban and when I installed my 2" spacer the ride did stiffen up a bit. But not to noticeable

#23 ·
with the four inch spindle/spacer a three inch block would be allright/save cash
And I am looking at 6" in the front with 4"spindles and 2" spacers.

You should get PewterRado's 3" lift coils with UCAs and add some spindles to it

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155035

:shake:
Thats not a bad idea but it pushed the build cost up over a grand. With the spindles, spacers, block, add-a-leaf, and shocks I am at $815 shipped.

However, if I could save some cash by doing the shackle flip then I could probably swing that setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.