GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift my 2003 dually and run 35'' tires on my rig. Does anyone here have a lifted dually? I don't want it to be too high. I was thinking about going with a Rancho 4'' lift kit. I want my truck truck to look like a 4x4.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here are a couple trucks.

4-5" Rancho 255/75 Hancook tires on 22.5" Alcoa wheels
4a_1_b.jpg
69_1.jpg
41_1.jpg

6" CST 35x12.5 BFG A/T ko tires on 16" Chip Foose Spank wheels

big_dually.jpg

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
That 2nd truck has PJ's on it, it was on ebay a while back

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
On the trucks lifted w/ the 22.5" Alcoas, what strain does it put on the ifs to run the 10 lug wheels w/ the lift? Would it be ok to use a setup like that on a daily driver?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for posting that zubyc. I took a couple pictures of that truck at SEMA, very clean I must say, but I checked a couple websites and couldn't find any pictures of it.

00serria the way I understand it is they have to run an adapter that bolts to the 8-lug pattern and accepts the 10-bolt wheels. I'm doubt there is that much additional strain put on the IFS compared to running and other larger off-road tire.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Those are all pretty cool, but I dont know about the commercial truck wheels/tires. I think they look kinda funky. :bowtie:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Those are 19.5" Alcoas.

Grant said:
Those are all pretty cool, but I dont know about the commercial truck wheels/tires. I think they look kinda funky. :bowtie:
You don't like the overall look or you don't think the tread pattern looks rights?

Here are a few more. I think this first truck looks very nice; also shows the lug conversions.

I think this guys thinks he drives a ///NASCAR Craftsman Truck w/ his 'sticker tires'! :LOL:

I know they are have larger wheels but I thought I'd post 'em since I came across them.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
I'd have to say the tread is what gets me. I'm thinking that those size wheels with some slightly meaner tires would look good. I dont know if anyone makes a more aggressive tire in those sizes, though. Anyone know?

·
Registered
162 Posts
My buddy has a 1991 3/4T Dually Suburban... it was badass, until he totalled it. He's rebuilding it compltely now, but it was on tires that measured out to 34", and it looked awesome. I will try to get some pics of the rebuild.

9,785 Posts
I absolutely hate the big wheels on the lifted duallys. I think it is because how they look on duallys that I don't like them on lifted truck period.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts