GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my boss is buying a h2 and was interested in what i had to say about lifting it. think big, as in height and budget. i told him what he needs is some 49s.

who makes quality big lifts for h2s and what can you fit under them?

·
2,451 Posts
rancho makes a pretty nice 4-6 kit...that will fit up to 38s... but Im assuming he lives in Mass... and you'd probley get arested for driving a vehicle on 49s :lol:

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
yeah...49's and IFS = :nono: :badidea:
I would stick with the Rancho and 38's

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The h2 is like a 2500 suburban as far as suspension and axles. If your boss wants to go huge and still be a daily driver, 38-40 would be a nice size. He'd need anywhere from 6-10" of lift to clear a tire that big.
Check out bulletproofsuspension.com or fullthrottlesuspension.com

Fabtech makes a 6" kit i believe and the famous whiplashsuspensions.com also has some larger kits ( :badidea: )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rancho makes a pretty nice 4-6 kit...that will fit up to 38s...
:word:

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it wouldn't be a daily driver. it would be a "look at me" truck to drive around now and then.

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fullthrottle 9.5 with 40s on 20s seems like the order of the day. does cognito make h2 lifts?

·
2,451 Posts
Adam said:
Spindle, obviously. Look where the UCA is. The differential is dropped the full amount though, so CV angles are flat.
yea, i forgot :crazy: so is the spindle kit 8-10 and the stock knuckle 10-12?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Just my opinion, I dont think they look good lifted.

If he does want to do it I wouldnt run bigger than 40s unless its show only, bigger than that just really gets tasking on IFS. The cognito kit is nice and 3rd coast also makes H2 lifts that are nice.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Just my opinion, I dont think they look good lifted.
some people might say the same about your truck :pow:

its all opinion, at least someone is doing good research for his boss, good extra points :rocking:

·
6,656 Posts
exactly, my opinion is worth just as much and just as little as everyone else's nothing more or less. Just figured I woudl state it though :crazy:

hehe yeah plenty of people dont like my truck, my mom for one!!!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I had no clue Cognito made H2 kits. He really needs to update his website. I saw one of there ads in the back of OFF ROAD magazine, with an HD on the cognito ad. I didn't even know they made a kit for the HD until then. Do they pretty much have a 10" kit for all of the GM fullsize vehicles? Or do they even have ford lifts?

I still think 38-40's on a daily driver would be ok. The frontend is basically just like an hd's suspension, and i think it'd hold up fine.

The Arf... i'd look further into the cognito lift and see what you think. I would still stay away from spindle lifts :imo , but maybe they have a full drop down kit?? Adam might know.

most spindle lifts just don't keep the cv angles as flat as they are supposed to be, and they don't allow cranking of the tb's. Most spindle lifts also make the front tires stick out, which i think looks kinda ghetto. cognitos h2 spindle lift might be different though, check it out.

·
6,656 Posts
The reason spindle lifts create undesirable CV angles is because they dont drop the diff the same amount as teh LCA. This is not true on the Cognito kit, both are dropped the same - therefor your CV angles will be the same as stock while leaving your steering componets in the stock location. As to my knowledge, this is the only kit that does that.

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes H2s are stupid, yes lifting it is pointless - especially for the street. But in my opinion it is better to lift it than to put huge rims on it. This thing is going to probably be as tacky as it gets, he was saying he wanted the looney toon murals on the sides and everything.

What is up with looney toons and some car guys? Really? :insane:

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the great info and pictures!

PS... GoPeds are awesome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts