GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Save a tree eat a beaver
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I gotta a 2001 z71. I'm getting about 1500 hundred dolors back from taxes and wanted to lift my truck and put new wheels and tires. I dont really want to go to high. I had actually thought about like 2 inch or 3 inch blocks in the back, but I don't know what to do with the front. Any suggestions? keep in mind my budget and I have to get wheels and tires. I mean a little over wont be bad.

9,785 Posts
Personally I would do this man. I would order some GK bars from Rough Country. Then get a 2-3" block for the back and a 3" bodylift. That should cost around these prices:

Rough Country Bars $200
Blocks and Ubolts $60-75?
Bodylift with Gap Guards $300-350?
Total = $625 at most I would think total.

If you install all the parts yourself that will leave you around $800-850 to get rims and tires. You could always buy used tires or used rims to save some money, but if not you could always get some 315/75's for your stock rims for now and then add aftermarket rims down the line.

What rim and tire setup are you thinking about running?

·
Save a tree eat a beaver
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not to sure about the rims. I am actually looking around for some used ones. I got a tire guy that will cut me a little slack, but the rims are probally gonna be a problem! LOL. So the blocks are easy to intall, but I have never done a lift on a newer truck. Is it pretty diffcult. What the hell is Rough Country bars?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Rough country bars are new torsion bars made by rough country. They allow you to crank more and also ride better than the stockers.

·
Save a tree eat a beaver
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I see. So I'm kinda likin the Mickey Thompon wheels but I am still undecided.

·
Save a tree eat a beaver
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what if I just get blocks for the back, 2-3", and get those rough country bars with NO 3" lift, and I run 16x9 or 16x10. what size tires could I run? How much more can you tightin the rough country bars than the stock TB's?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
IMFO...

Pull the 2" stock block, instal a 3" block, new u bolts...
RC bars, cranked to level or near (depending on your angles)...
keep your stock wheels, run 295/75-16's or 305/70-16's...or, find some stock 17"s, and run 305/70-17's.

...just my $0.02

·
Save a tree eat a beaver
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your sig kills me. That is just what I may do. But I may get me some rims just cause I want to and I like the look. I may not go as wide as 10" though. Hell damn shit fire boys I preciate it

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
x10 wheels will cut dowon on the size tire you will be able to run. Stick with stocker or x8 and run a 305 with the bars n 3" block

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If you have $1500 to spare, why not do a body lift? You can take out your stock 2" block, replace it with a 3" block and crank the front up 1-2" with your stock keys to level it off. You'd have 4-5" of lift and it wouldn't cost you much.

Unless the $1500 has to pay for new/larger wheels and tires.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
3" body... ford keys.... stock wheels with 37" BFG mud terrains.. or an equivalent short 37" tire or tall 35 or 36"

this truck is 3" body, keys and 37" BFG's

Bodyand37s.gif

·
168 Posts
http://www.tomswheels.com/ here is a web site to look for some wheels on. I think the ford keys and a 3" block in the rear with 285's on 8's. run that for a while then if you want to go bigger slap a body lift in later.

I don't know how much the ford keys are does anyone know? I know scott does if noone else does.

·
Save a tree eat a beaver
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm just gonna get the 3" blocks and tightin my TB's for now. Put that truck with a 3" body lift looks fucking great! That may be the route I take. Preciate it fellars. Youz guyzez are allwayz a big help.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts