GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a few questions for yall. I am looking at lifting my 1500 ext cab truck and am curious as to what it might cost. I want to do the 7" cst and run 35's or 7"cst and a 3" bl to do 37's I only have $3700 and I think this would be enough but I could be wrong. I am gonna get some cheap 15 or 16" rims as well. Also one more question, I was wondering how coilspacers work and would that be better then a bl? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks for showing me that, I left a message wanting to buy it all so hopefully I can get it. Man never thought I would buy a lift before I even get the truck lol.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If your planning on buying everything new and getting it installed by a shop, you can only afford the 7" on 35's. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
No, I e-mailed Tyler lol... The guy who posted about wanting the whole package... :read:

Ill see if I have a clearence shot of my tires to show 37's would rub bad considering my tires are pretty skinny compared to other 12.50 widths...

·
Registered
14 Posts
This might be too much information, but here goes...

Last year, I had my truck (2002 Ext. Cab Z71) lifted:

6" Superlift $1,319.46
Lift Labor $ 605

Slightly used 315/75 16 MTR's (4) $ 550
Eagle Alloy 16x10 184 style wheels $ 451.80
Wheel caps & chrome lugs $ 19.44
Mount & Balance $ 50
Alignment $ 69.99

Steering stabilizer (Superlift) $ 71.21

Tax $ 192.95

GRAND TOTAL: $ 3,329.85

This was at a local shop in Alabama last year. Kinda gives you an idea of some of the things you can expect to pay for if you have it all done at a shop. Rates may be higher or lower where you are. Not sure what extras you would need with a CST. CST looks sweet, though!

Scott

·
Registered
724 Posts
OK Aber...I agree with you. On a GMC with that big bumper 37's won't fit. In fact, I'm suprised 36's fit. But chevy 1500's dont have a large bumper, so 37's will fit with your lift. Do you agree :think:

·
Registered
413 Posts
my friend fit 39.5x13.5" iroks under his '02 ram 2wd w/ 7" cst and 3" body. he doesn't rub very often at all either. but its a dodge so :pow:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The 37's would tear up the rear of the Fender IMO. You could trim the front to prolly make it work. But even with the trimming I did on my bumper I still got it to rub in the front. But it never hit on the back of the front fenders. No use in arguing about it. If he wants to run them and so do you then go for it. But for my situation it wouldnt work IMO...

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Fabtech and CST both say that you can clear 315's on 16x8's with only 7", so you should clear 37's with 10", as long as you stick with 16x8's. But if you tried 16x10's, I'm betting that they'd rub. Just look at Aberbaseball7's pics. Wheel width makes a world of difference.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
i say stick with 35's, my truck is a 2wd w/ 9" of lift. i had to trim the front bumper to clear em, and i rub alot on the back side of the fender whenever i turn.

·
2,451 Posts
SkyRider469 said:
i say stick with 35's, my truck is a 2wd w/ 9" of lift. i had to trim the front bumper to clear em, and i rub alot on the back side of the fender whenever i turn.
yea, but you do have 16.5x12s and 14.5 wide tires

1 - 19 of 19 Posts