GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys i am finally gonna be lifting my truck...this coming week to be exact. before i do it this is what i want...7.5" fabtech + 3" bl to clear 37x13.50x17 toyo open country on pro comp xtreme alloys series 6005...thing is the truck still has stock gears in the rear end....5.3l v-8 2wd...will this work or do i regear also...i plan on doing it anyway but should i just get it over with now?

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
may need to add a spacer on top of everything else to clear those. Doesnt the fabtech push the wheels farther out? Put that into consideration as well

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
At 10.5" of total lift, you'll need to trim quite a bit to fit wide 37's. You'll definetly have to cut/trim your front valence and maybe your rear fender a little. You might even have to bend some sheet metal back. Also, the Fabtech kit includes new coil springs. These springs will sag a little over time... so after a few months or so, you'll end up sitting around 9.5-10" of lift, which will make it even harder to clear the 37's.

I think a coil spacer would eliminate any rubbing issues. Take a look at Lifted05's truck, he pretty much has this exact setup... he has around 12" of lift and he's on 37x13.50 X-Terrains.

I would definetly regear on anything larger than a 35" tire. Unless you have the optional 4.10 gears from the factory. If you have the 3.42s or 3.73s, the truck will get horrible gas mileage, the tranny will constantly be up/down shifting to find the right gearing, and your acceleration/performance will suck. If you regear, I'd go with 4.88s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts