GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a light bar and a skid plate but know one makes a skid plate for my truck. I have a 99' Silverado 2WD with a 7" fabtech. all the shops say that fabtech only makes that big ugly one with the light bar and the skid plate built together. any suggestions. I want one that is only one bar that runs accross the body of the truck and does not stick out and that holds two or three lights. also I was thinkin about getting light force lights, any input?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I dont know of anyone who makes one like that but it would be easy to have one fabbed. I would go with KC lites....

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i dunno about the skids part...but on the lights, go with KCs. Cheaper knockoffs usually aren't anywhere near as good as KCs...only 2 of my lights on my lightbar are actual KCs, and the knockoff don't put out muhc light at all...

·
Registered
787 Posts
i have the kc 150 watt sealed beam........they will light up the night

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The light forceare not knock offs. They are really expensive and put out a lot of watts. They are claimed to be unbreakable.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

How about 4 HID lights? That should provide enough light for people to think it's daytime... :insane:

butttttt I wouldn't risk breaking those..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey Dreamrr, a few of my buddys run Lightforce and let me tell you they are really sweet lights. Super bright and very adjustable. If you have the cash I would recommend them for sure. I would go for the 240 Blitz, 100w 1M candlepower. The only thing is they don't fit most off the shelf lightbars, as they are like 9.5" inches. So, if you end up fabbing up the bar/plate make sure you account for the light size.

As for the bar/plate itself I would say just have it fabed the way you want it and dont buy that Fabtech stuff. Call around, or ask some of the local prerunner guys and im sure you'll find a good price from a garage welder.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, this really helps. I have a been thinkin about having a light bar mounted on my roof that holds 2 or 3 lights. Maybe a roof rack for a spare tire. Has anyone done this or seen it on a pick up truck.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
dreamrr said:
Thanks, this really helps. I have a been thinkin about having a light bar mounted on my roof that holds 2 or 3 lights. Maybe a roof rack for a spare tire. Has anyone done this or seen it on a pick up truck.
No, i havn't seen it, but the avalanche members have thought of this idea and i believe a rack is manufactured for them, and i'm guessing the roof is similar in size to a ext. cab

1 - 13 of 13 Posts