GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the lightest kind of wheels you can get? i mean like billet, forged aluminum, chrome, steel, alloy, ect, ect.

who makes some light weight wheels taht will not break the bank?

i'm looking for some 20's that will weight close to what my stock steel 16's weight.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I'm sure it's all up to the design. You might look to some centerlines if you are concerned about weight. They weigh less than stockers I think.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Homer J said:
anybody? :shrug:
Centerline, they're your best bet for cheaper and lightweight ... several choices too. All these are $199 a wheel at Jegs.com for 20s.

Stingray III
Sniper

Rapid
Champ

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
My stingray III's on 245/40/20 hankook tires weigh 9 lbs less than my steel spare tire. I weighed them on the bathroom scale back to back, not sur ehow accurate it is, but 9 lbs LIGHTER than stock is definately awesome :head:

The weight will vary by the tire size you go for sure. The centerline tomahawk series are 23 lbs unmounted.

Going from stock to 20's my truck is actually a little quicker off the line, imagine that :D

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohhhh...i like the Rapids. if get the 20 X 8 Rapid with 5" backspacing and 275/45/20 tires, will they work with my 3/6 drop? will i have any rubbing in the back? i really dont want to have to roll the fender lip.

maybe a different size tire? i'm just trying to keep it about the same OD as my stock tires. (235/75/16)

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
You'll have to roll the rear fenderlips with that setup. It isn't a big deal...I rolled tem on mine in about 15 minutes being careful and now I can drive with the back of my truck all the way down (on a DJM notch) and not rub. I didn't want to roll mine either, but its not a big deal and is unnoticable when looking at the truck unless you get down and look up at the fender

·
Registered
432 Posts
HRE's =x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts