GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2003, when i switch my brights on, my headlights and my fog lights turn off. I've seen the tech thread on making your headlights and brights stay on at the same time, but what about the foglights?

Is there a way you could have your foglights, drls, low beam, and high beam all on at the same time?

Or is there a way you could have your drls run with your low beams and your fog lights? Or would this just kill the alternator and the battery?

Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
i dont know about foglights and drl's, but painless performance makes a kit that keeps your lows on when you switch on highs. my dad works for them and threw one on my truck...BIG difference :read:

edit: in theory, you could just get three of those kits and wire one to each: lows, drl's, and fogs. dont know if it would work though.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
All it would take is 3 relays...splice them into the other wires like you would into your low beams. just get some $4 relays from your local auto parts store, a good bit of wire, a few female terminals for the relays, and a wire stripper...wouldn't be that hard to do IMO, and could be done for less than $30. Ive got DRLs wired up in my truck, not hard at all, also have the quadbead highs too, not hard at all to do, and it wouldn't kill your alternator unless its about dead already. I can run highs/lows/4 100w KCs and stereo with no problem. Voltage drops a lil, but its no worse than when i turn on the AC.

·
Two CC GMC Family
429 Posts
I know a bunch of guys that have done this with just diodes. The lights are already wired into relays, why add more?

Check this out.....Easy light mod

Ox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts