GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bunch of my friends have been buying Lightning Audio subs and amps. I never really new what they were. Supposively its owned by Rockford Fosgate. They sell a truck kit that has all the hook ups, amp, sub, and box for a truck. I heard one in a s10 the other day, and it sounded suprisingly good. When he told me he bought it from walmart i didnt believe him. For the money, they seem like good stuff. Any one with any experience with this company?

·
Registered
334 Posts
The only thing they make that I would suggest would be their caps damn good stuff. Other than that I mean it comes from Wally Workd so how long can it last. Remember you get what you pay for.

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
The only Lightning Audio I own is a cap, so I have no idea how their other stuff sounds.

If you're on that much of a budget, or don't particularly care about the clarity of your music, you could go to Walmart and snatch up the cheapest stuff you can find. But I would suggest saving a bit more and get something from Best Buy at least. They've got that little table of returned merchandise where I've seen some really good deals, and at least it's name brand stuff...or Ebay even.

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
halecj said:
The only Lightning Audio I own is a cap, so I have no idea how their other stuff sounds.

If you're on that much of a budget, or don't particularly care about the clarity of your music, you could go to Walmart and snatch up the cheapest stuff you can find. But I would suggest saving a bit more and get something from Best Buy at least. They've got that little table of returned merchandise where I've seen some really good deals, and at least it's name brand stuff...or Ebay even.
:word: you can get stuff along the lines of what this gentleman has in his signature on eBay for the same price you'd pay for lightning audio at walmart. infinity and hifonics both make excellent stuff for your dollar.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
they make some good stuff, and they make some crappy stuff. You get what you pay for like everything else
they have a 1000bd and a kick ass sub, and yes they are RF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts