GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 K2500 4x4 w/350. When I open the door the interior lights will dim and then go back up. The other day while idling and in park all the lights(headlights, interior, dash, radio) went dim and came back up. It also does this intermittently while driving. My alternator and battery test fine. Any ideas?

Also, my power locks go out almost everyday. Neither the switch on the doors or the remote will work(for about a minute). When I try to use the remote, I hear a buzzing from under the dash. Could this be related or something different?

thanks in advance,

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Definitely sounds like a ground issue, my 94 gives me headaches all the time. The trucks are just at that age where they(ground wires) all need to be cleaned up and re-tightened.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check them. What are the main ones I should check besides the battery?

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
The Ground location: Passenger side of engine, on chassis bar running parallel with the truck, visible and assessable from top.

From the chassis there are 2 ground straps running from a common bolt. One going to the engine and the other to the body at the firewall./ Also a Ground on the driver side rear running from the back lighting wiring to the inside of the frame.

And the fix: Mud and grime was caked in between all the contacts. Simply removed the bolt, scraped everything down with a scraping brush, the sanded all contact areas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Ground location: Passenger side of engine, on chassis bar running parallel with the truck, visible and assessable from top.

From the chassis there are 2 ground straps running from a common bolt. One going to the engine and the other to the body at the firewall./ Also a Ground on the driver side rear running from the back lighting wiring to the inside of the frame.

And the fix: Mud and grime was caked in between all the contacts. Simply removed the bolt, scraped everything down with a scraping brush, the sanded all contact areas.
Thanks! I'll check it out this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts