GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this goes in "exterior" or "interior", but is it possible, and how would it be done if it is?

I have an 03 silverado ecsb

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
pretty simple imo. just mount the lights where ever you want then run the wires from the bed under the cab to the battery and then thru the firewall with a switch

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
it an options i have to get off my ass and do. any ideas on a relatively cheap light to use? just a basic neon?

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
I heard that... damn can't remember the company name right now but it was a big name company that was making a led light for spots just like the bed. It was suppose to be bright too, I haven't seen them for sale locally though. I think it was either a tap light or slide switch type of deal. No wiring just batteries.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Personally I wouldnt use a halogen bulb (for safety(assuming the tonneau is carpeted underneath)). I dont know if it is even all that dangerous, but i've seen what the halogen under my hood has been doing.

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking one of those rope lights under the top rim of the bed would look good, but i dont know if it would be possible to wire that

·
Registered
233 Posts
When I first bought my cover it came with a little battery operate light and then I found 4 more to add some light under there.....they all sucked. :evil:

I found some cold cathodes for about 7 bucks each and put them under there. I wired them to a switch in the cab(you could do a switch in the bed) and they add a nice touch. If you wanted you could get white ones and you would be able to see better IMO.

check out newegg.com, xoxide.com, or oznium.com.

I can't find the full bed shot but I will keep looking for it

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a Street glow kit and used all four light bars. Night pics are not that good but you get the idea.

DSCF0005-1.jpg

DSCF0007-1.jpg

Switch inside the cab. I thought about using the external cab light switch but this was easier.
DSCF0024-1.jpg

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not sure if this goes in "exterior" or "interior", but is it possible, and how would it be done if it is?

I have an 03 silverado ecsb
I thought I read somewhere that you had a remote powered tonneau cover like mine. If you do, you already have power back there. You can easily tap into that. As for light, anything 12V with a cover will work. When I had my tonneau cover installed, I had them hard wire the light under my cover.

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I read somewhere that you had a remote powered tonneau cover like mine. If you do, you already have power back there. You can easily tap into that. As for light, anything 12V with a cover will work. When I had my tonneau cover installed, I had them hard wire the light under my cover.
No, I dont have a remote tonneau cover. Its just a regular snuglid. I think i might just look for sometime of battery light. That seems easiest. I'm not too smart when it comes to electrical.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
When I first bought my cover it came with a little battery operate light and then I found 4 more to add some light under there.....they all sucked. :evil:

I found some cold cathodes for about 7 bucks each and put them under there. I wired them to a switch in the cab(you could do a switch in the bed) and they add a nice touch. If you wanted you could get white ones and you would be able to see better IMO.

check out newegg.com, xoxide.com, or oznium.com.

I can't find the full bed shot but I will keep looking for it

I like that idea. I would just put a couple more to really light it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts