GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Talked to Chuck last night at FLT and he tole me that the trans shipped last night. Should be here Friday sometime. He took care of me since FedEd decided to drop my trans and break the shift stud and the center section of the case. Pretty much charged me for a freshen-up and their cost of the other parts and shipping…. I cant complain really though. But in the end, the trans is back on its way, painted, dynoed, rebuilt, and as good as brand new. That’s it for the trans.
-As for the converter… my Tax refund check will be here on like the 20th of the month. The new Yank SS3600 will be on its way the same day that hits my acct LOL… It will be coming with a new 30K cooler. My current one is a 24K but its coming with the converter with the LS1Tech special… so why not upgrade right?
-My new -6AN braided stainless cooler lines. Will be made up as soon as I have the trans here so I can test fit it up and measure it out and route them the way I want it. I'm bypassing the radiator and just running the cooler up from of everything and possibly putting a small fan on it if it needs it… but I don’t see it being a problem.

-Anyway, probably two more weeks and I'll be up and running again a little more bulletproof than before LOL…. Whatever that means.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Sounds good man. What kind of tranny cooler are you going with?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he just redid my 65E... its another cooler similar to my Hayden... nothing special. just a little bit bigger.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
he just redid my 65E... its another cooler similar to my Hayden... nothing special. just a little bit bigger.
Shoot man, I'm still trying to figure out how you busted a level 5. What's this, your 5th time swapping out transmissions? With your luck you might as well step up the the FLT 80e.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Shoot man, I'm still trying to figure out how you busted a level 5. What's this, your 5th time swapping out transmissions? With your luck you might as well step up the the FLT 80e.
thats why i was curious what trans he went with this time..exactly what do you do to your truck ben? do you spray the bitch while launching it?:jester:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
thats why i was curious what trans he went with this time..exactly what do you do to your truck ben? do you spray the bitch while launching it?:jester:
Yea, my guess is he sprays out of the hole, between shifts, revs it up in neutral before dropping it into drive, and does standing burnouts for hours on end.:D

Seriously though dude, that's some shitty luck. I hope this one lasts a little longer for you.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the converter took a major shit and killed the trans this most recent time. I dropped the pan and it looked like metal flake paint in there... Yuck... the lock up clutch went bye bye and killed the front pump... Chuck said all the clutches and band had ZERO wear on them... just some metal in them from the converter shitting out.

-and if you are curious... yes, I will be spraying it out of the hole when it goes back together this time with some decent traction bars (I'm thinking cal-tracs) :D :D ...here's my thinking:

150 shot + nice cam + 3600 stall + 4.10's + 12.5 wide slicks = fun....

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, and for the record Random.... this puts me in the double digits r/r-ing the trans.... LOL... I thought this shit was a hobby :think:

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the past 8-10 months it has for sure... right now its sitting behind the shop waiting on everything to get here to be put back together. I just want to feel how this new converter feels.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
poor truck:jester: spends more time in the garage then on the street

It's like mine. Covered in dust and cobwebs. :rofl2:

·
Been there, broke that
76 Posts
It'll respond well to the SS3600 Ben. You definitely need to get it to the track before you leave!

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really hope it does as well as everyone says it will... I want to get some better numbers out of this pile...

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh yeah and BTW....

-The trans showed up Yesterday... its purdy :drool:

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
god silver, you scare me when you say your converter took a shit and fudged up your tranny. This is why i am going with the 80E right off the bat cause i see some people doing the 60 and 65 built and still blowing them. You think the yank 3200tt will work well with my 80?

·
Registered
170 Posts
There you go Ben, get that thing back to gether, and get that bitch high...lol I will back home soon enough mand, and I want a ride in it bro... Wehn we get back down home, and stuff we will have to go to No Problem a little bit...lol

Seth

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm looking forward to getting it all back together and rolling again... I just wnt to drive it again for once... its been a couple weeks since its ran.

-I'll let you take 'er for a drive when you get back here bro... you'll like it :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts