GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen a story regarding LINE-X on television yesterday. The story was sent out via satellite and was available to any TV station that wanted to air it. Here is the background on the satellite feed. By the way, Paxcon is the name of the coating and is made of polyurethane and polyurea just like the bedliner product. Also, there are between 500 to 600 dealers, not 400 as stated below:

TERRORIST BOMBING RE-ENACTED TO TEST STEEL-STRENGTH PAINT
Paint Already Protects Pentagon And Other Important U.S. Buildings

New Mexico Tech's Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center (EMRTC) re-enacted a terrorist bomb blast to demonstrate a new blast-proof paint. The results proved how the paint can prevent destruction, injury and death in the event of terrorist bombings.

Line-X, a company better known for its spray-on truck bedliners, manufactures the special coating. The walls of the Pentagon, the Washington D.C. Naval Base and the Federal Building in New York City are currently protected with the blast-proof paint.

Known in the military and research circles as Energy Resistant Coating (ERC), the paint goes on smooth but is stronger than steel. Walls painted with Line-X can withstand explosions up to twenty times greater than what a normal, uncoated wall can withstand.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, the U.S. government started testing elastomeric polymers for blast mitigation. Line-X was the only coating to pass all bomb blast tests. The tests found that it took the equivalent of 1,000 pounds of TNT to make it fail and even then, the explosion only tore the coating.

Line-X has over 400 dealerships across the United States as well as Canada, Mexico, Asia, Europe and Central and South America. Besides the military, Line-X is used in the automotive, construction and agricultural industries.

For more information, go to www.paxcon.com or www.GoLine-X.com

THIS SATELLITE FEED CONTAINS:
B-Roll:

1. Setup overview and description of “how” the test structure was prepared (On camera: Scott Jewett)
2. Overview of the Line-X company (On camera: Scott Jewett)
3. Discussion of typical building methods and terrorist risk (On camera: Scott Jewett)
4. Overview of engineering expectations for the test (On camera: Alan Perryman)
5. TNT and C-4 being loaded
6. Two offices being built and protected

7. Forensic technical assessment of bomb blast aftermath on unprotected room (On camera: Scott Jewett)
8. Forensic technical assessment of bomb blast aftermath on Line-X protected room (On camera: Scott Jewett)
9. Demonstration of cinderblock brick drop (On camera (speaking): Scott Jewett)
10. Multiple shots of blast from inside and outside of rooms

FEED DATE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2004
FEED TIME: 10:00 – 10:30 AM ET (FED IN ROTATION)
COORDINATES: C BAND: IA (formerly Telstar) 5 (C) /TRANSPONDER 19 /AUDIO 6.2 & 6.8
DL: 4080 (V)

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
wow talk about a shameless plug.

line-x is the best, though, :imo i would never use rhino or arma coating or anything like that.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'd like to see a comparison on Scorpion Bedliner spraying, to Line-X, cause I think my Scorpion looks 2x better then damn Line-X.

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
What's the avgerge price for a liner from either company? For you guys in the areas with a lot of snow and salt, have you ever heard of anyone spraying their wheelwells or anything esle under the truck?

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Ive seen all the different spray on liners at different truck/car shows and on the street and I have to say Line-X looks the best and seems to hold up the best. Im going in tommorow to have my SS bed sprayed :rocking: , so that means I have a bomb proof bed? I know where ill be hiding if I hear bombs going off.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Onxy,

More than likely you never will actually see this sprayed on the walls of any building. The product is similar to that, which is used on offshore oil rigs to my knowledge. U.S. Coast guard and other offshore regulatory bodies govern blast ratings on these oil drilling units and other maritime vessels prone to blow-outs. The general living quarters of the vessel, if within a certain blast radius of the oil derrick drilling area must be coated with this same surface. The coating, which I am sure will be the same on commercial buildings, is sprayed on the inside of the exterior steel shell, between the exterior shell, and the interior wall, IE: drywall or concrete masonry, etc....The thickness of the blast coating is determined by the risk for fire and blast ratings. But like I said, its in between wall, so unless you actually are doing the building yourself, you won't see it.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
ive known for a while that they were using it in the pentagon. they have actually done tests with cinderblocks. one coated, one not coated. they then dropped them from a certain height, the one with linex stayed intact, the other crumbled into peices. linex is good shit, just a little rough to be hangin out in the bed of your truck in shorts. if i used my truck for work, id have gotten linex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts