GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 07 Silverado today and I plan on doing Line X for the bed liner. What I am wondering is whether I should go with over or under the bed rails? Anyone have pics of their truck with it either way? I am leaning towards the over because I will use the truck for work and wouldn't want to scratch the rails. But at the same time I am not too sure how that would look on the NNBS.

Probably too much to ask but if anyone has a pic of a color matched Line X on a Birch colored NNBS truck it would make my decision much easier.:think:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
over the rails. I had it that way on my show truck.

I wouldn't do the colormatched line-x in that color. It fades and loses its sheen.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd go over. I had it on my tacoma that way and it looked ok. I thought they went a little too far cuz it did wrap just down onto the sides a bit. Try and have them keep it just on top of the rails and it should be fine. that shit worked great!!

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Yeah I agree if it's a work truck and your constantly using the bed, go over. I went under as my truck doesn't see much cargo and the tonneau cover hides the scratches already there.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Personally if you want color matched go with Super Liner they have the only one gauranteed not to fade and IMO even unless its strictly a work truck I would go under the rails its just a cleaner look IMO. On mine I didnt even go over the head board like all others do.
IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got off the phone with my buddy that sold me the truck and he was telling me that the dealer sells the black plastic bed rail caps that look OEM when installed. SO I will probably be going with an under the rail spray and adding the plastic bed rail caps. I will also be going with the Line-X Xtra so that it can be color match to the truck.

Thanks for all the input guys.:worship:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess I have never really like the look of the thick bedliner on the bed rails. The plastic caps are thinner and give the truck a cleaner look IMO. I still need to see them to see if they look good or are even available for this body style.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
over the rail for work under the rail for a cleaner look esp. on that color i over the railed my white silverado and hated it and than with a bed cover it looked even worse. just my .02 cents

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
my dodge is over but im going to get my 99 done under, i see advantages to both... just depends on personal taste and what you use the truck for.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Xtra is great and highly recommended. It will have all the pigments and metallic flakes like your trucks paint. It will maintain its gloss and color. In addition, it contains a Kevlar micro pulp for increased durability.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Do a bed cover. I had an gaylords x2000 and you couldn't tell that i had over the rail. It saved from my truck from having shitty looking bedrails.

The only problem I had with mine is its hard to paint up against line-x. This is what over the rail looks like with bed cover. Oh yea, I might have had escalade handles too :crazy:

palmtrees2.gif

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I won't be getting a cover for it. I use it to much for my dogs and my bikes. If I go with the Xtra that matches I will probably go with an over the rail setup. If I go with Black then I will be looking more into the plastic OEM bed rails.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts