GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my bed is pretty scratched up and my parents were gonna line-x it for me for my birthday or sometime before.. but while i was getting the bedliner i was gonna have all of the inner fenders sprayed with line-x also.. how much should i tell them all this would cost? or do you think its kind of a dumb idea?

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
Prolly 350-375. If I ever wanted to get my bed sprayed I know a guy whod do it for 280.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but should i do the inner fenders or just save the money?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i wouldnt do the inner fenders. ive seen people go get undercoating in a can from walmart and spray theyre fenderwells. its cheap and it lasts. id never do it to my rig though.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
low slow 00 said:
but should i do the inner fenders or just save the money?

For me, I think a Street Truck (lowered/big wheels you know) looks better without it done.
But I really like it on a 4x4 where you can see the inner fender, and it gets muddy.

But like LowRed said, if you do decide to do it, you can save alot of money and do that part yourself.

Personally I had my bed RhinoLined, and I did my inner fenders myself. I hated being able to see the body color in there, but more importantly there is alwayse mud and dirt up in there holding moisture (rust). So for me, it was one less place to worry about cleaning and it looks better at the same time.

BD

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I wouldn't do it either, if any kind of salt/water or anything finds its way under it you'll have a rust problem on your hands.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Water and salt doesnt get behind spray in unless they did a piss poor job of spraying it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Water and salt doesnt get behind spray in unless they did a piss poor job of spraying it.

Guess you never looked underneath the volvo then :) It had a factory undercoating under there, and pretty much the only thing holding the floorboards in the back together and by the drivers seat was the carpet. :read: Granted, it was 20 years old, and had been driven in Iowa/Minnesota in the winter, but give it enough time and it will become a problem.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
thats undercoating with 20 year old technology, trust me the new bedliner wont get moisture under it, they will guarentee it.

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
Badassilverado said:
:While we're on the topic, have the bed sprayed UNDER THE RAIL, it's cheaper and won't look like shit IMO.
If you actually used your rig :bowtie: for work youd want it over the rail so it wouldnt scratch this piss out of the rails

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
hey even if it does rust line-x will replace it under warenty :grin:

That would still be a pain in the ass though... on a truck, wouldn't that be replacing the bed... and on an SUV ...who knows what they'd have to do to replace that panel. I just see it as an unnessecary risk, you don't really need it, it doesn't really improve anything, and if you do end up having a problem, it'll be a PITA to fix.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i thought i already said it would be under the rail.. lol..i'll have shaved stake posts and i wont use it for work so yeah..

·
Registered
183 Posts
Line X is some tuff stuff. I have never seen anyone around here with a problem with it. Rhino is far below the quality of Rhino, and I don't know about elsewhere but if you damage your rhino lining here and take it back all they do is put some black rpg (silicone) stuff where it is damaged.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
I have Rhino liner, and 3 of my friends do also, and not a one has had a problem with it.
LineX is a Harder bedliner, and Rhino liner is a little softer and has more grip.

I really think it comes down to the installer. Some dealers are good some are not, like therealgeronimo said about filling it in with silicone.. I doubt that is common practice for the other dealers.

I love my Rhino liner and would put it up against the others :ninja:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
therealgeronimo said:
Line X is some tuff stuff. I have never seen anyone around here with a problem with it. Rhino is far below the quality of Rhino, and I don't know about elsewhere but if you damage your rhino lining here and take it back all they do is put some black rpg (silicone) stuff where it is damaged.

not always. many places have different methods. ive even seen super glue and JB weld used. what ever works :anitoof:
its all about preference and what you use your truck for. i personally sell TOFF and LINEX at work. different people like different textured liners.i have my bed sprayed with TOFF and use it almost daily at work. i also have a rubber bedmat to keep the gouges out of my liner. i didnt get it over the rail cause it does look like shit. i use my truck though, and am EXTREMEMLY careful about my bedrails. so, yes it can be done stu :bowtie:

and as for jeff, you need a bedrug. i dont think i even saw a single scratch in your bed. you and demon have something in common. maybe its just cause the V6 cant hang? :eek:wned:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts