GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my local Line-X guy spray my Rockers with "Line-X Extra" and I thought I would post some pics for anyone else thinking about going this route.:hmm:

Before
Picture534.jpg

Picture533.jpg

Picture543.jpg

Picture539.jpg

Picture540.jpg

Picture541.jpg

Picture542.jpg

Picture544.jpg

Picture545.jpg

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
i want to do that in a few years, not a huge fan of the two tone, but it serves it's purpose.

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want to do that in a few years, not a huge fan of the two tone, but it serves it's purpose.

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about the color at first as well but after looking at it I actually really like it. That color is funny because depending on the light, sometimes it matches the original color exactly. Go figure.

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been wanting to do this exact thing, how much did they charge?
I paid $900.00 CDN($800.00 U.S.)plus taxes for everything. I shopped around at difference Line-X dealers and the price varied. I chose the guy I used not because he was the cheapest but because of his quality of work.

·
Registered
445 Posts
how hard is that stuff to clean? does stuff stick to that because it is textured?

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how hard is that stuff to clean? does stuff stick to that because it is textured?
It cleans up with Soap & Water but since it's textured it might clean up better with a brush. The coating is pretty well impervious to anything.

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
my local line x guy quoted me $750 bucks to do it on my 05 sbcc and an extra $200 if i decided it had to be white. Interestingly enough, he all but talked me out of going with a color because he said it's alot more to color match. He also said it was a bitch using white because any other color left in the line will show and it takes a shit-load of time to completely clear the feed lines.

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my local line x guy quoted me $750 bucks to do it on my 05 sbcc and an extra $200 if i decided it had to be white. Interestingly enough, he all but talked me out of going with a color because he said it's alot more to color match. He also said it was a bitch using white because any other color left in the line will show and it takes a shit-load of time to completely clear the feed lines.
Check this out.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307211

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
awesome find...i'm not a member on that forum so that helps HUGE.

Picture061.jpg

This picture makes me want to touch myself...i just worry about how it would look in 5 years. I know they say it won't fade, but i'm skeptical. The sun's rays are pretty damn powerful.
What they say is that the coating will fade at about the same rate as your vehicle paint. Here is another link for you. The guys name in Brian and he owns a shop in FL which I know is a long way from you but he really knows his stuff about Line-X. His number and email addy is on his site.
He can probably let you know of a good Line-X dealer in SoCal.

http://www.fllinex.com/

·
Team White
2,530 Posts
when I got mines done I wanted to do white but since there isnt line x in my area i found a guy who does a similiar liner as Line x and told me it would turn piss yellow over time. So i just went with black. Sucks because now i have a bedcover so it doesnt even see sunlight.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
i couldn't imagine a white bed lol. i can't even keep my black bedliner clean.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts