GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CC With 5.5/9 drop
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone knew the laws about having plates on the front bumper.
do you have to have them?
i dont want to go through the hassle of i fix it ticket again (tint)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Any one got any ideas for the friggin ugly license plate mounting holes if you dont have the plate mounted? Those white plugs are ugly and the holes in the bumper are even uglier! I thought I saw a truck here that had "bulletts" installed into the mounting holes....anyone recall that?

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
In Cali, you used to only be required to have the front plate if there was a mounting bracket. Now, YOU HAVE TO have a front license plate installed, no matter what. I don't know if you can get away with the license plate on the dash deal like some people do, but you've got to have it.

Hope that helps.

Chris :head3:

·
concrete *******
1,923 Posts
in jersey you gotta have one and on the dash don't count....i know i've been ticketed over for it. pa and bunch of other states don't require em' though.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You have to have one in cali. Now my truck, my dads caddy, and my buddy's Honda have never had one. We have all been pulled over and never gotten hassled for it. A lot of people I know put in on the dash. Don't mount it to the window like that, that would be a visibility violation!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
You have to have one in cali. Now my truck, my dads caddy, and my buddy's Honda have never had one. We have all been pulled over and never gotten hassled for it. A lot of people I know put in on the dash. Don't mount it to the window like that, that would be a visibility violation!
Thats what im thinking. And take away from the good looks of your truck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Depends on the state. Florida has plates only in the rear...but you are also not allowed to back into a parking spot. The rear plate always has to be visable in public parking lots. Yet, come to think of it...I ALWAYS back in...it's just easier IMO with a crew cab. And the truck looks better from the front!!!

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
in iowa you have to have one installed, i was pulled over this month for not having one
haha as in no plate at all! Smooth

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Yeah in Cali, you need the front and back plates. G/F was pulled over when her eclipse didn't have one in the front. The car never came with one. It was a fix it ticket, so we just went out and got a bracket and put the plate on. I think it was a $25.00 ticket.

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
For the states I know.

IL--You have to have a front plate. :guns:
OK-No front plate is necessary. Not sure about the "no backing in" deal though.:think:

·
Registered
81 Posts
i think the plate in the window looks a million times better than on the bumpers because if i want mine off i take the suction cups off you all have holes in your bumper if you take yours off

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
anyone know about MA, i plan on doin a hideaway plate when truck is off... I wonder if Ill get hassled for that...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts