GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
VMax CC
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming up over a hill, didn't see the cars backed up and could stop her in time. Truck held up EXTREMELY well in my opinion, even the cop said, thats why you drive a truck! When its repaired i'm going to get the lower valence painted, considering getting the HD front end? What do you guys think? Pretty much need new everything fenders forward on the exterior. Sorry for the crappy pictures, with my phone.

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
Coming up over a hill, didn't see the cars backed up and could stop her in time. Truck held up EXTREMELY well in my opinion, even the cop said, thats why you drive a truck! When its repaired i'm going to get the lower valence painted, considering getting the HD front end? What do you guys think? Pretty much need new everything fenders forward on the exterior.

·
VMax CC
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Better day light picture:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Holy shit, glad your ok. Is this driver side headlight messed up? I would say go with the H.D conversion, it would look pretty cool.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
Damn that sucks. I'd colormatch the front end though.

·
VMax CC
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, im seriously going to get 20's and run zo6 brakes and i was probably going about 20 mph and driver side headlight is untouched. Passenger is shattered. Still contemplating the HD front end or not. . . I wish there was pictures!

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I dont like the HD front end on the 1500's...does'nt line up properly with large gaps.

Do a Tahoe Z71 front swap :read:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I dont like the HD front end on the 1500's...does'nt line up properly with large gaps.

Do a Tahoe Z71 front swap :read:
:handshake

·
VMax CC
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A z71 tahoe front end would look sick, but I don't know if it will just bolt on, or if it is worth the effort to make it fit. Is the body itself bigger on a 3/4 ton? I was thinking about doing the 1.5 inch body lift as well if i were to get the HD front end and maybe that would help line things up but im not sure. I have no idea if they will replace the other headlight, if not im sure i could sell it for cheap. I hit a old honda accord, like early ninetys late eighties, totalled it for sure. I thought my truck would have been worse. Keep the ideas coming guys!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Sucks what happend atleast your okay and the truck took it pretty good too. Cant wait to see it after the body shop is done.

·
VMax CC
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Total comes to be about 5,000 in damage. Insurance ftw

·
VMax CC
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, 5,620.48 Officially fixed, and i get it back tomorrow, with a few minor changes. . . Will post pics!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts