GMC Truck Forum banner

Little lower with the ecssb

3K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Sunnvzr 
#1 ·
No instructions with mcgaughys kit. Not good. Broke the stud that goes in top of hub. Not impressed with that design. They should tell you not very tight. Had to trim splash shield to get caliper bracket on. Again no instructions to say that was needed. I turn wrenches for a living and this should have been an easy deal. Done now though.

See less See more
#16 ·
Never been a fan of the larger size Texas Reps. Original 20s look good though.
I think 20s are perfect for a NBS.
I'm not a big wheel fan on nbs either. Nnbs yes. Also just more money. Bad thing is I have $1300 in those wheels and new tires. Look good on my lowered 4wd but I pushed my luck on the 2wd. Not sure but spindle may have pushed front out. I also could not find a reasonable price for correct width tire. Those are 11.83 tread width I believe. I needed 10.5 or so in that hieght. Oh well I have spares now I guess.

#17 ·
Is your supershort bed truck a 4wd??? There’s a guy around where I live that has a ecssb truck same color as your but with an SS clone conversion and it looks clean... I say yours would look good with 22s TX editions... I like ext cab nbs trucks on 22s single cabs on 20s or 18s 👍🏼

#18 ·
2wd. There's a GMC here that's 4wd but I haven't got it out of him yet. It's also silver birch. He hit a deer the other day and I tried to buy it before they fixed it. Just grill and hood. No dice. He has no idea what it is. Just a truck.

#26 ·
Been awhile since I have worked on the truck but got some things done today. Air bags and new headlights and markers. Airbag pics at 10/40/80 lbs. I know they are not mounted like the instructions but I will see how they work. They seem to be a little short but says for gmt800 truck.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.