GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 gmc lly and this is the second time the engine has shut down while driving do the road. The first time it happened i did some research and said to check the wiring harness to the FICM. So i did check it and did not see a problem still no start checked for codes and none there, it sat for a few days till the weekend so i could work on it. I went out and tried to start that weekend and it fired right up. I have no idea what changed so i started driving it again about 3 months later it did it again driving down the shut off like someone turned the key off. i had it towed to my job rechecked the wires still did not see a problem and it did not start. it sat for a week and now it starts again. i am at a loss and beginning to wonder if the FICM could be the problem! i spoke with my Buddy that works at Chevy and he say he keeps these in stock and sells them often. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because i am afraid to drive it again and it leave me stranded. I don't want to buy a 1100.00 part and it not fix it.
Thank you for you help
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it shutting down or going into limp mode?
it shuts off like you turned the ignition off. it does have a code U0105 loss communication with ficm, i have checked the wires for any bare spots took it to a gm tech he double checked all of the wires and checked the pins for the ficm and he said all looked good. After it sits a few days it will start and run fine just don't know what else to do and scared to drive it not knowing when it will shut down again. Any help would be appreciated i feel like i am chasing a ghost i would rather have a hard failure.
Thank you
John

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Been a while since I've browsed the diesel forums, but is this what the "ice pick" mod helps prevent?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts