GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys doing tuning wise? I have a EFI inner face but cant decide if I wanto get a set of tunes or do ezlynk. What are you guys running. Pros and cons?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Deleted or compliant?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock at the moment, I have a Anarchy Diesel Interface but would have to purchase the credit to unlock my truck, and then buy the tunes from them or someone else. So not quit sure what to do. I plan on running a intake, Deleting it, 4" exhaust, pcv reroutes, and prob just do the EGR blocker plate? Then in time getting a fass 165. other than that just some form of tuning and tranny tuning.

I could get the Anarchy tunes, or choose someone else and just use the interface. but not sure if that would be the way to go and if so what tunes to run?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Stock at the moment, I have a Anarchy Diesel Interface but would have to purchase the credit to unlock my truck, and then buy the tunes from them or someone else. So not quit sure what to do. I plan on running a intake, Deleting it, 4" exhaust, pcv reroutes, and prob just do the EGR blocker plate? Then in time getting a fass 165. other than that just some form of tuning and tranny tuning.

I could get the Anarchy tunes, or choose someone else and just use the interface. but not sure if that would be the way to go and if so what tunes to run?
You have a autocal or V2? Either will work. You will need a vin license yes and then I would recommend tuning from PPEI. They are the ones I use regularly. Low smoke run good and good power. They can email everything too you and you can flash it in. Plans sound good. I would get either a 5 tune setup on the auotcal, or you can also do a switch in cab. Trans tuning is also a good idea on the LMLs.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have a autocal or V2? Either will work. You will need a vin license yes and then I would recommend tuning from PPEI. They are the ones I use regularly. Low smoke run good and good power. They can email everything too you and you can flash it in. Plans sound good. I would get either a 5 tune setup on the auotcal, or you can also do a switch in cab. Trans tuning is also a good idea on the LMLs.

Thanks for the reply I Appreciate it. I know a lot of Guys ive seen are running PPEI, motor ops and Danville I think it what there called? Im new to this side of it so not sure whos the best. Defiantly don't want all the smoke. I do kinda like the rumble tune but other than that just want good reliable power. Doesn't have to be the fastest thing out there. This trucks alittle show and alittle go. Just wanting a solid DD.

Assuming you have a shop? Are they the only ones you guys tune with? also do you have any other recommendations for things I need to do? Thanks again for the help man.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks for the reply I Appreciate it. I know a lot of Guys ive seen are running PPEI, motor ops and Danville I think it what there called? Im new to this side of it so not sure whos the best. Defiantly don't want all the smoke. I do kinda like the rumble tune but other than that just want good reliable power. Doesn't have to be the fastest thing out there. This trucks alittle show and alittle go. Just wanting a solid DD.

Assuming you have a shop? Are they the only ones you guys tune with? also do you have any other recommendations for things I need to do? Thanks again for the help man.
Motor Ops is about 2 minutes away from my work. Danville, Moonshine are also 2 good names. There are lots of good names but equally as many bad ones. Where abouts are you? Might be a local guy I know that could get ya set only for ease of re tuning. Rumble will not be a issue for any of the tuners to do. Just do not go crazy on the power and you will be more than impressed!

I do not have a shop. Tune on the side and I use Motor Ops, Danville for my pull truck, and PPEI for a couple also. I like all of them and to be honest they are all good now a days if its a big name, and will help with issues quickly if there are any. Sounds like you are dead on the right track. When you tune it be sure to un plug the EGR. Blocker plate is not always necessary but a good intake exhaust and lift pump with some trans tuning will give you a stout truck!!

Reactions: darnie1987

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in southern Arizona. And that's awesome. Wish I was closer to a solid shop and could just take it in. But I totally agree with you. I won't run it high before I get the lift pump just figure have the tuning and then turn it up once I get the fuel. Out of the 3 what one would you recommend still PPEI? Thinking 4" stright pipe and a Dry filter intake. All the dust out here sucks.....

·
Registered
352 Posts
I live in southern Arizona. And that's awesome. Wish I was closer to a solid shop and could just take it in. But I totally agree with you. I won't run it high before I get the lift pump just figure have the tuning and then turn it up once I get the fuel. Out of the 3 what one would you recommend still PPEI? Thinking 4" stright pipe and a Dry filter intake. All the dust out here sucks.....

Shoot me a PM I have a couple buddies from the forum that are in Zona they might have a better choice for ya!

Reactions: darnie1987
1 - 8 of 8 Posts