GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Go5.3tt06
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am trying to do some research for locker diff needs, for my 84 k10 4x4 truck. Which I have 4 speed and big tires (39.5) and lifted not sure what size. But need have good lockers and 4.11 gears for rear and front. I know rear is 12 bolts and front is 10 bolts. Is anybody know how find me link for locker diff. I just want find a cheap not to expensive for no reason. Pls let me know. Many thanks.

·
meow
15,748 Posts
The cheapest would be welding it up. Your tire size is really pushing your reliability on those axles though (even if it is just a wheeling truck). Just about ANY 4x4 web-sight should have locking diffs. You just need to select the one that you like the most. I would go Detroit :imo

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
:word: 10 bolt and 39s = destruction

EDIT- or the 12 bolt..same thing

·
Go5.3tt06
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:word: 10 bolt and 39s = destruction

EDIT- or the 12 bolt..same thing
What are yall talk about? All Im trying to find a locker and gear for my truck rear is 12 bolts and FRONT is 10 bolts. ALL i need is replace to REAL locker and get larger number of gears. I check on 4x4 wheel parts.com dont have one. I just puzzle. I not sure what I need type name on google that way I can find locker info?

·
Go5.3tt06
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cheapest would be welding it up. Your tire size is really pushing your reliability on those axles though (even if it is just a wheeling truck). Just about ANY 4x4 web-sight should have locking diffs. You just need to select the one that you like the most. I would go Detroit :imo
I would not do welding. Because this is for drive daily sometimes do offroad. Just wonder about powertrax or other that can alittle cheap like 300 dollars each?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Detroit Lockers are good

·
Go5.3tt06
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Detroit Lockers are good
Are yall not understand what Im try to ask for? I try to look at year model to find locker fit right one. But what link and what I suppose to do. Because I dont know what dana number on mine only I know it is 12 bolts on rear and 10 bolts on front. What Link???? I look at summit and I couldnt find it.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
GM Corporate 10-bolt (8.5-in. 1.28 Axle Dia. 28 Spline)
GM Corporate 12-bolt (8.7/8-in. 1.31 Axle Dia. 30 Spline)

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
If you typed like a normal human being it would be easier to understand.

www.ringpinion.com Click on search by differential. Click on GM. You have a GM Corporate 12bolt truck (GM 12T) rear and a GM Corporate 10bolt (GM 8.5) front. Click on differential of choice. It's kind of self explanitory.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
If you typed like a normal human being it would be easier to understand.

www.ringpinion.com Click on search by differential. Click on GM. You have a GM Corporate 12bolt truck (GM 12T) rear and a GM Corporate 10bolt (GM 8.5) front. Click on differential of choice. It's kind of self explanitory.
he's deaf bro

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Whoops. Sorry man.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
For 39.5's you will need 4.88s or 5.13s.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I run 39.5 Boggers on my 77 ford and I'm going with 4.88's b/c of my lack of overdrive and the fact that sometimes I do have to drive it on the street.
It is tolerable with the factory 3.50 gears in low range while off road, but it would be way easier on everything when I regear.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts