GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a truck that was logoed by a company. They removed the logos before they sold it to me. I have since then removed all the glue left by the logo, but I'm left with "shadows" of the logos.

How can I get these off? A local shop quoted me $1000+ to remove them. But I think I could do it for less in a day.

Later

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
goof off or goo gone. wipe on let it set wipe off. then the panel should be a little hazy. then buff it wax it.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
sounds like it has faded out a bit, your gonna need to polish it all and detail it. try with a light polish and if it doesnt work then move up to a heavier duty polish. if not, you may need to compound it

goof off or goo gone. wipe on let it set wipe off. then the panel should be a little hazy. then buff it wax it.
goof off or goo gone isnt going to remove the "shadows", only the glue, sounds like the paint has faded or is in worse shape than what was under the stickers

·
ThriLLHo
30 Posts
I had that same problem with my tailgate and the vinyl "CHEVROLET" logo. You couldn't see it during the day but at night with the right light hitting it it was clearly visible. But I took the ez way out and shaved the tailgate and had it resprayed, which was only about $150

·
Registered
170 Posts
When I de-badged my 2000 Silverado, it left a shadow on the driver side rocker panel. A body shop that I trust said the area had been repainted without the rocker panel removed. I got the truck used so I didn't know. It sucks. I was quoted $475 to repaint the area and feather it out. Good luck/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts