GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a pair of ceramic coated hedman long tubes for my 5.7 '93 silverado. I want to hook up the o2 sensor to stay legal tho. I have a bung so it will screw in, but does anybody know a good way to cut a hole for it? I would think a torch would make too messy of a hole...

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
just have an exhaust shop install bungs on the piping right after the headers, doesnt have to be in the header itself

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, so if I did that I guess I would have to get a new sensor huh? Or can you splice that wire from it? Thanks for the help.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
if your sensor wires arent long enough, extensions are made

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, thx for the help guys. I'll be puttin em on as soon as I have time and let yall know how it goes.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I have seen some collectors that have the O2 bung already installed, I BELIEVE I had seen them at Summit or maybe Jegs. Then you simply weld up the rest of your pipes.

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
My Hookers had a bung welded on when I got them but there was not a hole in the tube yet. We used a dremel like tool to open it up.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My Hookers had a bung welded on when I got them but there was not a hole in the tube yet. We used a dremel like tool to open it up.
My Hooker 2462 1hkr Competition series longtubes were the same way as yours. I didnt open up the bung. I added 2 sensors, 1 in each headpipe, just after the collectors. I have a vortec 350 so I have 2 precat O2 sensors.

I had to extend the hO2 sensor harness. extend the harness, not the O2 sensor lead.

peace
Hogg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think Ill just install the headers and do the sensor after the collectors. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts