GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 8,000 miles till my warranty runs out on my 07 NNBS gmc sierra work truck. I am considering cutting the frame and converting it too a shortbed and lowering it. Does anyone have any before and after pics of trucks that this has been done too? Any advice or opinions on the situation is more than welcome.

Here are some pics of the truck now, only mods are tinted windows, alpine iva-w200 double din, and a volant CAI.

Thanks, Huston

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
sell it, buy a shortie. people cut long beds because they can't afford or cant find an old school short. like c10s and shit. don't hack your new truck. IMO

·
Registered
366 Posts
Lower the long bed then you will have a unique look. I saw one on a another forum and it looked sweet. I wish I got the long bed after seeing that one, but also I would like to add another tool box to my truck.

Do a 4-7 drop
20 inch wheels minimum 255-45-20 front 305-45-20 rear
Put pin-striped flames on the front like the dually in street trucks a few months back

And enjoy rocking the long bed. RCSB's are over done.

·
Registered
366 Posts
But if you really want a RCSB just trade in your truck.

The cost the new RCSB will be more then paid for by the cost of the Mod, and frustration that will be had.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Would be dumb and cost you more to shorten it. I also say keep it and keep it long. It will have more room for air tanks and 4-link options. And look cool to top it all off. Bag and body drop it IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts