GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the process of baggin my 93 c1500 but it's goin very slowly being up at school and all. but im about to order the parts for up front and i really wana get something solid but will give me alot of lift. as of now i was gonna go with the tubular upper and lower c-arms by air ride, with some airlift bags. any other sugestions that would give me a good alignment when riding low, but some serious lift.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
BouncinsoulAFI said:
im in the process of baggin my 93 c1500 but it's goin very slowly being up at school and all. but im about to order the parts for up front and i really wana get something solid but will give me alot of lift. as of now i was gonna go with the tubular upper and lower c-arms by air ride, with some airlift bags. any other sugestions that would give me a good alignment when riding low, but some serious lift.
My front lift at 145 psi on ART upper and lower control arms and Firestone bags on 245/40/20s .... if you want more lift others have suggest Slam Specialties bags or I guess you could do a system that would do more than 150 psi with bags that could handle it.

truck_up.gif

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
your only gonna get as much lift as your control arms allow, once they're maxed out your done, with the bags being inside the control arms any bag should lift it to the max, the rear, now that's a whole nother story

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
supermachine said:
your only gonna get as much lift as your control arms allow, once they're maxed out your done, with the bags being inside the control arms any bag should lift it to the max, the rear, now that's a whole nother story
Shocks have an effect too, I've never taken my shocks out to see if they are limiting the suspension.

KP 6-link gets tons of lift, it's the only thing I would recommend anymore :rocking:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I get 12" of lift up front from slam rs72's with shocks. My control arms max out. Out back, I get 11" of lift with airlift bags on the KP 6link. Gets plenty IMO

·
Registered
110 Posts
i get 10" up front on my djm's and i am runnin stone 26lb bags and i just got the cups from MIC for my truck they are big but as long as i lay i don't car its all up to thr c-arms and wether or not your shocks will let you get your lift. in the rear i get 16" with the same bags and a two link from jason at suicide. its cool but i am going to go to a four link soon i am going to try to keep the same amount of lift though.

pig

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
beyond static, u have any lift pics, with front up, rear down, rear up front down, and some side side shots, im gonna be runnin the kp 6link out back fo sure, just still have what im doin up front in the air.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I get 9" of lift up front and 10" out back using the ART coolride without their arms and a KP Canti out back.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Also notice the camber with the guys who did not use arms. The arms correct the negative camber and ball joints that tend to bind on some applications. I would suggest running a set of tubular arms of your choice, they are SOO worth the money.. Not all of them do that with just the cups and bags, but alot do.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats a big issue to me, the negative camber. i want to be able to ride significantly low, but prevent as much tire wear as possible. but i fear with the tublar control arms i may have tuckin issues, im runnin the belltech drop spindles and i know they push out a lil, and as of now im runnin stock wheels, but plan on goin with atleast 20's, hopefully 22's, up front. dont know what kind of tuckin problems i might be facing.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I am not an expert on wheel backspacing and such, but if you plan your rims around the suspension setup you can get the proper backspacing and it will tuck without the camber. Look at statics. also depending on what your ride height is, it might not be too bad.. Your tire wear should be minimal at ride height if you do a lot of driving above or below ride height you might have increased tire wear..

That is becuase you should have your truck aligned at ride height after the install.

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
the amount of lift u get has to do with how much drop u want,

with 20's u'll get more lift then u would with 22's,
but on a f/s chevy, u shouldn't have any problems untuckin 22's

the reason being is that ur upper bag cups are alittle bit shorter then
wut someone would use for 20's

i get 9inches of lift with slam bag 72's on my 93 with my mod djm lca and 2in drop djm spindles, with 225/75/15's over dia of 28.3inches

·
Registered
2 Posts
what ss bags do you guys use and at what pressure. we jsut bagged my friends 88 1500 and he gets no lift with 62's and 145 psi. I say hes got wrong bags and he says he just dont have enough pressure. i figure i ask y ou guys first.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
obs trucks get alot more lift out of the front than nbs trucks... for some reason they just get up. my friends caprice is the same way. run slams and call it a day.

if you get ur truck alligned at a hieght you feel comfortable driving at, you won't need to worry about getting control arms. The only advantage to control arms is that you can drive with it pretty much anywhere and get a decent tire wear. I get good tire wear now, i just gotta make sure my truck is about where it was alligned at.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
i drive anywhere form a 3/4 to a 8/10 and get no tire wear at all. I barely get neg camber aired out, and zero positive aired up. sketchystreet-most use the rs-72's up front. I am gettin 12" of lift out of mine. 62's are from smaller trucks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Beyond Static said:
i drive anywhere form a 3/4 to a 8/10 and get no tire wear at all. I barely get neg camber aired out, and zero positive aired up. sketchystreet-most use the rs-72's up front. I am gettin 12" of lift out of mine. 62's are from smaller trucks.
He's correct the 62'are a 6" bag and are really for smaller and lighter vehicles.
I am going to use the ES 72's on mine all around. use the same bag so I can carry a spare or two and the ES is 240 PSI operating pressure, so I have a "safety" margin.

·
Formerly Chevy8869
507 Posts
dapolice1 said:
He's correct the 62'are a 6" bag and are really for smaller and lighter vehicles.
I am going to use the ES 72's on mine all around. use the same bag so I can carry a spare or two and the ES is 240 PSI operating pressure, so I have a "safety" margin.
My truck is a 88 C1500 and I get up there with my RS-62'S by Slam Specialties, I run 160 PSI max and the bags can take 180 PSI, I also have stock control arms so I do have camber issues-solution=drive at one height and leave it, I haven't measured how much lift but look at the pics, in this thread.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11789

1 - 18 of 18 Posts