GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got a new job and i'm ready to put down the money and bag my truck...give me some pointers and opinions on what brand of stuff to use and what type of setups....let me know what all ya'll have under ur trucks and maybe throw in some good links to some sites too...thanks....the more info the better :read:

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
If you plan to do the work yourself, I'd suggest to look into KP components and Air Ride Technologies. They're probably the best companies you can deal with.
When you've made your decision, call Larry at Innovative Air Suspension. He can make you some good deal on all your air suspension parts. He carries all the good brands.

I personally suggest the Air Ride Technoloiges Cool Ride Kit for the front and the KP components 4 link cantilever out back....

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
All good choices.....I'd really give Larry @ Innovative a call...he'll get you totally setup for a really good price.

Cameron

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
KP 4 link Canti....

For the front, any bag setup works... You just need to run shocks, or expect to drive the truck really low, and have it ride like crap.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
groundscraper said:
If you plan to do the work yourself, I'd suggest to look into KP components and Air Ride Technologies. They're probably the best companies you can deal with.
When you've made your decision, call Larry at Innovative Air Suspension. He can make you some good deal on all your air suspension parts. He carries all the good brands.

I personally suggest the Air Ride Technoloiges Cool Ride Kit for the front and the KP components 4 link cantilever out back....

:word: :word:

·
Registered
559 Posts
if u want to do it once and do it right..............mcgaughy spindles in the front with bags and cups, and kp 4link/cantilever in the back,raise or relocate the g-tank. get 4 or 8 smc 1/2" valves (8 if u want side to side),1/2" lines, air commander belt driven air compressor, 2 six gallon tanks, in my opinion this is one of the best no hassle setups u can run

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does the kp 4link with the cantilever require a c-notch? could some of you guys that have one possibly send some pics of it if u got any...i wanna see how it works....since i'd be doin it on my own....i'm not goin to school to learn how to pay other people to work on my truck....lol

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
DO NOT bag your truck and not notch the frame. Yes, it will require at least a c-notch, but if you wanna lay out you'll need a step notch. Most step notches come in 4 pieces, but Devious Customs make a 1 piece notch that just slides over the frame...this is the one I have on my truck.

·
Registered
559 Posts
t.j. is right, u COULD bag it without a notch, but dont. it will look like a static drop,it wont be the look ur after. and if u bag it why do it and not have it lay out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
so does nobody recommend the Ekstensive Kit to anyone anymore..

Ive been running one for a few years, no problems, no complaints, SUPER EASY install.

but yeah, its a 2 link...

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i've heard nothing but great things about the Ekstensive kit. I can't complain about a 2-link because I have never had any experience with one.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Extensive stuff is fine. Just the whole 2 link deal really doesn't perform nearly like a 4-link does. Too much flex and pop....I've seen a lot of 2 links break really easy. Sure it works but it's not really ideal IMO for a properly functioning suspension.

Cameron

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
captainchaos said:
does the kp 4link with the cantilever require a c-notch? could some of you guys that have one possibly send some pics of it if u got any...i wanna see how it works....since i'd be doin it on my own....i'm not goin to school to learn how to pay other people to work on my truck....lol
You will definately have to notch with bags, you'll have to notch with a 4/6 or ride on the frame. I don't think you could get as low as the back of my truck without a notch, and i'm running static...

As for the notch it depends on which brand you buy, but all should be pretty straightforward installations. On mine i cut a template of what needed to sit against the frame and etched it into my frame with a piece of wire so i'd know where to cut. Then i used an angle grinder with a metal cutting wheel which went through the frame really easily. After that you test fit the notch, secure it by drilling in the holes and bolt it up.

If you are going to want to "lay out" you'll likely have to get a stepnotch which required welding in and i'd get someone to do this who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
OK, question... What exactly is a cantilever system??? I took a look at KP's stuff and the four link looks nice, but it says that the cantilever is an add on option. What exactly does this cantilever do for ya??

Also, would it be possible to adapt KP's cantilever to Air Ride Technologies Parallel 4link system?? I only ask out of curiosity.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
01Sierra said:
OK, question... What exactly is a cantilever system??? I took a look at KP's stuff and the four link looks nice, but it says that the cantilever is an add on option. What exactly does this cantilever do for ya??

Also, would it be possible to adapt KP's cantilever to Air Ride Technologies Parallel 4link system?? I only ask out of curiosity.
It gives you 2:1 lift.

No clue on adapting it to the Air ride one, might be a little work where as the KP kit is also bolt on and would make it easier since its the same price if not cheaper.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
01Sierra said:

The cantilever is just another way to mount your bags, but the benefit is that it gives you much more lift and a bit better ride (from what I've heard) than the traditional over the axle setups.

It would be possible if you can fab up a mount for the cantilever attachment on the axle.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
01Sierra said:

you wouldn't want to anyways... the ART 4link is like 1000 bucks.. the KP with Canti is less than that:read:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts