GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help. wat all do i need to look for to make sure its gona be a reliabe ride. Im tryin to trade my truck for a lifted one and this guy might be interested so do yall think this would be a good trade? or maybe some him givin me a little money on top

here are some specs:
10" cognito suspension lift with coil spring kit and double shock kit
37" mud grapplers
18" rockstars
four fox rez shocks
and i know it has gears front and back just dont know wat size
tahoe.gif

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
thats a pretty expensive set up on the tahoe and its a good one..as long as it has gears i would say you are fine..its a sweet lookin ride..exactly what i wanted to do with mine before i lowered it

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
sick...do it

·
2 Door Hoes
3,137 Posts
The 10" Cognito is hands down the best IFS lift made, so your covered on having a solid, durable lift. And it looks like he has good taste in looks, so I say go for it, it's a badass looking rig :imo

See if you can find out what gears he has though...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only thing that bothers me is i would be trading my truck with 50,000 miles for a tahoe with 75,000 miles but i guess if it has been takin care of it shouldnt matter that much

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
have him give you some cash

·
meow
15,747 Posts
Yours will be MUCH more reliable. 37's on IFS you can expect to be replacing some front end parts :imo Mud Grapplers are rather heavy as well. Also expect 12-15 mpg's max.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah he said it gets 15 mpg around town but thats wat im scared of is the big ass tires wearin down parts. i dont have time to be replacing parts all the time i work like 60 to 70 hours a week and i need my ride to be reliable. im just really wanting a lifted truck

·
meow
15,747 Posts
It does not get 15mpg's around town. You can be assured of that. The lift being on only 3 weeks does help the situation.

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
Yea you'll be replacing worn out susp. parts quicker than a non-lifted truck, but not like you'll be doing extremely often. Ive had my truck lifted two years, and just now wearing out the idler/pitman arms. And I could have avoided that with some Cognito chit.

:word: on the 15mpg's...MAYBE 11-12, but a BB tune will fix/help that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
he does NOT get 15 around town. I have a baby lift and 35s. I get 12 around town and maybe 15 on the freeway. I have 4.56s also.

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
yeah he said it gets 15 mpg around town but thats wat im scared of is the big ass tires wearin down parts. i dont have time to be replacing parts all the time i work like 60 to 70 hours a week and i need my ride to be reliable. im just really wanting a lifted truck
I would be a bit sceptical about 15 mpg around town in its current configuration. No problem with that number when it was stock.

:imo

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
he does NOT get 15 around town. I have a baby lift and 35s. I get 12 around town and maybe 15 on the freeway. I have 4.56s also.
:werd07: 13ish is the best I have gotten with mix driving.

·
2 Door Hoes
3,137 Posts
LOL you act likes parts are gonna wear down every other month...as long as it's not cranked a shit load, you'll be fine :imo just expect a little faster wear than you normally would expect

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i didnt think it could get 15mpg cause i get 16 on average dropped on 22s. i mean if i only have to replace parts once every year or 2 that would be fine its just kind of a gamble i guess. i got some thinkin to do

1 - 20 of 67 Posts