GMC Truck Forum banner

looking at getting a lifted tahoe

10498 Views 66 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  dropped05
i need some help. wat all do i need to look for to make sure its gona be a reliabe ride. Im tryin to trade my truck for a lifted one and this guy might be interested so do yall think this would be a good trade? or maybe some him givin me a little money on top

here are some specs:
10" cognito suspension lift with coil spring kit and double shock kit
37" mud grapplers
18" rockstars
four fox rez shocks
and i know it has gears front and back just dont know wat size
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· 2 Door Hoes
3,507 Posts
i didnt think it could get 15mpg cause i get 16 on average dropped on 22s. i mean if i only have to replace parts once every year or 2 that would be fine its just kind of a gamble i guess. i got some thinkin to do
I would expect atleast a year...probably a lot longer than that though...:imo

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
LOL you act likes parts are gonna wear down every other month...as long as it's not cranked a shit load, you'll be fine :imo just expect a little faster wear than you normally would expect
ive just always been a lowered guy and now i want a lifted truck i know the basics of the parts and stuff i just dont really know about the extra maintenance of a lifted truck if there is any or wat i need to watch out for

· 2 Door Hoes
3,507 Posts
ive just always been a lowered guy and now i want a lifted truck i know the basics of the parts and stuff i just dont really know about the extra maintenance of a lifted truck if there is any or wat i need to watch out for
BJs, pitman/idler, wheel bearings, CVs(not that likely to break if it's a mall crawler) plus if you do break a CV you can get one with a liftetime warranty for around $75...keep the alignment good so you don't wear out those mud manglers :crazy:

EDIT: rotate and balance also

· 2 Door Hoes
3,507 Posts
alrite thanks man its lookin like im gona do it if this guy follows through and wants to do it
no problem man...i think you'll like the change :shake:

· WANT LIFT!!!
2015 GMC Sierra - Crew/Std bed, 5.3, 4x4, max tow
3,415 Posts
Thats a badass mamajama. I would def go for it. Like others have said, you won't be replacing parts on it every couple months. More like 1-2+ years, if that. If you are going to romp the hell out of it, of course all that changes. Good luck with the deal, I think you will love the change of altitude/looks.

· 2 Door Hoes
3,507 Posts
Looks like it could possibly be a Fabtech :imo

· Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,151 Posts
The front lift on that does not look like cognito imo. the front shocks are too long to belong to a knuckle lift. just how it looks to me
That doesn't look like a Cognito kit to me, unless its one of the older full drop ones, which it most likely isn't since he just put it on. The shocks look too long, and the corner of the front subframe that you can see doens't look like a Cognito crossmember.
good idea lol

whiptrash IMO

· Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,151 Posts
so if its not a cognito is this thing still worth it? im gona bring it up to him though
I'd be more worried that the guy lied to you about what the truck had on it. From what i've heard, whiplash is a lift to stay away from. someone else can chime in with a little insight as to why.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.