GMC Truck Forum banner

looking at getting a lifted tahoe

11K views 66 replies 28 participants last post by  dropped05 
#1 ·
i need some help. wat all do i need to look for to make sure its gona be a reliabe ride. Im tryin to trade my truck for a lifted one and this guy might be interested so do yall think this would be a good trade? or maybe some him givin me a little money on top

here are some specs:
10" cognito suspension lift with coil spring kit and double shock kit
37" mud grapplers
18" rockstars
four fox rez shocks
and i know it has gears front and back just dont know wat size

See less See more
#5 ·
The 10" Cognito is hands down the best IFS lift made, so your covered on having a solid, durable lift. And it looks like he has good taste in looks, so I say go for it, it's a badass looking rig :imo

See if you can find out what gears he has though...

#11 ·
yeah he said it gets 15 mpg around town but thats wat im scared of is the big ass tires wearin down parts. i dont have time to be replacing parts all the time i work like 60 to 70 hours a week and i need my ride to be reliable. im just really wanting a lifted truck

#14 ·
Yea you'll be replacing worn out susp. parts quicker than a non-lifted truck, but not like you'll be doing extremely often. Ive had my truck lifted two years, and just now wearing out the idler/pitman arms. And I could have avoided that with some Cognito chit.

:word: on the 15mpg's...MAYBE 11-12, but a BB tune will fix/help that :thumbsup:

#17 ·
yeah he said it gets 15 mpg around town but thats wat im scared of is the big ass tires wearin down parts. i dont have time to be replacing parts all the time i work like 60 to 70 hours a week and i need my ride to be reliable. im just really wanting a lifted truck
I would be a bit sceptical about 15 mpg around town in its current configuration. No problem with that number when it was stock.

:imo

#18 ·
he does NOT get 15 around town. I have a baby lift and 35s. I get 12 around town and maybe 15 on the freeway. I have 4.56s also.
:werd07: 13ish is the best I have gotten with mix driving.

#19 ·
LOL you act likes parts are gonna wear down every other month...as long as it's not cranked a shit load, you'll be fine :imo just expect a little faster wear than you normally would expect

#21 ·
i didnt think it could get 15mpg cause i get 16 on average dropped on 22s. i mean if i only have to replace parts once every year or 2 that would be fine its just kind of a gamble i guess. i got some thinkin to do
I would expect atleast a year...probably a lot longer than that though...:imo

#22 ·
LOL you act likes parts are gonna wear down every other month...as long as it's not cranked a shit load, you'll be fine :imo just expect a little faster wear than you normally would expect
ive just always been a lowered guy and now i want a lifted truck i know the basics of the parts and stuff i just dont really know about the extra maintenance of a lifted truck if there is any or wat i need to watch out for

#23 ·
ive just always been a lowered guy and now i want a lifted truck i know the basics of the parts and stuff i just dont really know about the extra maintenance of a lifted truck if there is any or wat i need to watch out for
BJs, pitman/idler, wheel bearings, CVs(not that likely to break if it's a mall crawler) plus if you do break a CV you can get one with a liftetime warranty for around $75...keep the alignment good so you don't wear out those mud manglers :crazy:

EDIT: rotate and balance also

#25 ·
alrite thanks man its lookin like im gona do it if this guy follows through and wants to do it
no problem man...i think you'll like the change :shake:

#26 ·
Thats a badass mamajama. I would def go for it. Like others have said, you won't be replacing parts on it every couple months. More like 1-2+ years, if that. If you are going to romp the hell out of it, of course all that changes. Good luck with the deal, I think you will love the change of altitude/looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.