GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
They call me Skinny....
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my '04 is sold I'm working on my '85 again and a while back I found the Hot Rod Flatz series and I thought they were pretty cool and the kit seemed well priced. Anyone had experience with it? Or maybe you have some better ideas as far as paint goes.
At the moment the truck is flat black, but I'm looking for a better primer/sealer and a color that isn't common like flat black.

Here's the color I'm thinking about right now, opinions?

http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/hrf219.aspx

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to weld up the mirror holes or just go buy the small rectangular mirrors. I think it looks better without them but I kinda' want to keep them for practical reasons.

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
This is my friend truck and its midnight blue, i also have another friend that has this old school c10 and it looks hella sick with midnight blue also.

Picture052-1.gif

·
They call me Skinny....
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/hrf271.aspx
http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/HRF278.aspx

Heres two that I have always liked. I have been thinking about painting my tahoe the second color. I love flat colors, but it takes the right color and the right truck/car to pull it off. I personally don't think that the truck could pull off the midnight blue, but I personally think the blue pearl would look sick
I'm really diggin' both of those colors, I just wonder what they'd look like on the truck. It may be one of those cases where it's an awesome color but just doesn't go with the truck....

·
They call me Skinny....
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, looks real good on the bike Spugen (thanks for the photoshop btw). There are just so many good colors in the HR Flatz line, but that smoke metallic and the daytona peal are two of my favorites by far.

I was planning on getting factory rallys and painting the center black and having the center cap and beauty ring chrome. Chrome front and rear bumpers. Haven't decided what to do on the grille yet. Gonna' try to get a cowl hood if I can find a good deal...So with that said does anyone else have some ideas/sugestions for this truck?

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
I'd say that your truck will pretyt much pull off any color, but the wheels are what would make it stand out and set the paint off.

Get a full phantom billet grille and recess the headlights a little if you have to and mabye a front roll pan as well as a rear roll pan. Then some chrome 22s and the truck would be absolutely sick :D But thats what I have always had planned for and OOBS truck.

Be sure to keep us updated though, I'd love to see where it goes.

·
They call me Skinny....
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd say that your truck will pretyt much pull off any color, but the wheels are what would make it stand out and set the paint off.

Get a full phantom billet grille and recess the headlights a little if you have to and mabye a front roll pan as well as a rear roll pan. Then some chrome 22s and the truck would be absolutely sick :D But thats what I have always had planned for and OOBS truck.

Be sure to keep us updated though, I'd love to see where it goes.
Iunno, I think rollpans on these trucks look tacky unless it's on the back of a stepside. Just my opinion though. Anywho, now I gotta go buy a new radiator, the stock one decided to leak.....goodbye OEM, hello JEGs!

·
They call me Skinny....
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ppg porsche riviera blue
Surprisingly I like that color, reminds me of the stock blue on the old 60-66 models. I'm just not sure how it'd transfer over to my truck. Anyone bored and want to play with photoshop? lol........Sometime this week I should be getting a wonderful package from HoK. I bought a single version of the Digital Paintbooth for my style of truck.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
ive always loved that color. I first saw it on mike finnegan's (minitruckin editor) Bagged and bd yota a few years back. It was solid then he put all those gay ass graphics on it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
There was a truck like yours on the cover on one of the very first Street Trucks that was almost the same color as that Porsche. I'll see if I can find my old issue.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts