GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found it for about 260 on the internet. I also want to go with the Invisibeam® Field Disturbance Sensor508D, Digital Tilt Motion Sensor507M, Backup Battery Siren515R, Backup Battery System520T, and Audio Glass Break Sensor506T. Basically I want everything I can get to help keep my truck safe. How hard is it going to be to install? The site Id order it from says they will give me a wiring diagram for my truck to help make install easier. Is there anything else I need to get?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have that alarm but I didn't do the install, my friend did. He did say that it was actaully easier then the older models where you had to tap into alot of diffrent wires.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
1. I really wouldnt waste money on a prox sensor. Do you really want your shit going off ALL the time?

2. You could probably skip the glass break sensor also. The shock sensor on the unit should detect that.

3. if you install it, none of it will have a manf. warranty. so if any of that fucked up, you're SOL. DEI only warranties their products when installed by cert. dealer.

I have that alarm but I didn't do the install, my friend did. He did say that it was actaully easier then the older models where you had to tap into alot of diffrent wires.
it most likely had to do with the new bypass, not the unit itself.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Id ditch the 508D, too many issues with them and add the bypass youll need for that truck like the XK01. Even that 507 tilt sensor falses at times.

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two sirens from my old alarm system, how difficult will it be to wire them in with the one that comes with it? 4 sirens ought to get some attention :D

·
9,823 Posts
thats how I do it, I dont need all the sirens, strobes and horns going off at 3am

·
9,823 Posts
I have two sirens from my old alarm system, how difficult will it be to wire them in with the one that comes with it? 4 sirens ought to get some attention :D
one relay and some wiring

·
Registered
137 Posts
Did you end up doing it? I'm looking at this alarm for my d-max right now.

Any other feedback or other systems I should be considering?

Going to wire it into the train horn as well. Just want to make enough noise that all hell breaks loose and hopefully wakes me up at night so I can bring out the real security system. Aka the pistol grip 12g. :biggun:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts