GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two brand new JL W6s and was looking to buy an amp soon. I was looking to buy the JL 500/1. Only thing is I'm kind short for money. Anyone know where I can find one cheap or anything comparable to it.

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
There is nothing comparable to a JL 500/1 IMO, except a JL 1000/1 :anitoof: .

There are a lot of good cost effective options out there that will run some W6s though. Are you talking 10's?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news some cash may be coming through for me this week so I may the setup with the 500/1 this weekend or next. Oh and they're 12's by the way. :anitoof:

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
I got a JBL 600.1 amp on sale for $220 brand new, supposed to be a good amp.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
DemoN said:
RF 1001 is just as good as an amp.
put a rokford up against a tru tech amp and see if its the same

rockford relies on there big name imo they dont have the quality some of these lesser known companys have

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
THe JL is overpriced IMO. The only quality i like about it is, they rate their amps at 12 volts versus 14.4volts. You get more power. But for the money, rockford fosgate is hard to beat. The new alpine digital amps are pretty good too.

But nothing compares to my old system with 2 1500D Arc audio amps and a 4150 CXL. Thoose were some amazing amps

RF is good, just as long as you don't buy ur shit from best buy... they give them their shitty stuff, and sell their higher end amps to specialty shops

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
DemoN said:
RF 1001 is just as good as an amp.
No way! The JL will push 1000 x 1 @ 1, 2, and 4 Ohms as well (12v rating too).
The RF is 500 @ 4Ohms, 750 @ 2 Ohms, 1000 @ 1Ohms, and that is probably at 14.4v (or whatever a car runs at).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts