GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something in the 33x12R20 size. I want a tire that isnt going to make me want to shoot myself rolling down the highway, Im not concerned about mileage too much as 20K would be 3 years from now since my truck isnt a DD. I realize mud terrains are inherently loud I just dont want the bogger howl thing going on. Im looking at the mud grapplers mainly, I did a search and some say they are loud while others say they are quiet so which is it?:think:

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Toyos

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Toyo Mt is the quietest mud terrain that you can get from what i have read. Mud Grapplers have a good hum to them from what ive read from people on here who have had them.

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im getting a hook up through discounttire and supposedly they dont get as good a deal with toyo as they do with nitto thats why I said Im leaning more towards them, just depends on the price difference. I love the way the nittos look but I also dont want to be driven nuts driving back and forth to Dallas all the time(4hr drive).

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
toyos is my choice
my friends grapplers have a angressive hum to them
bfg m/t are quite just not as toyos

ha i learned one thing with straight pipes and swampers

that lil nob on your radio, you can turn it up some it wont kill you

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
ha i learned one thing with straight pipes and swampers

that lil nob on your radio, you can turn it up some it wont kill you
:word:

When I get new tires, they'll be the Toyo M/Ts :D

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
I've heard lots of good stuff about Toyos.
I run 33x13.5R20 Mickey Thompson Baja Claw radials and i find that they are pretty quiet. From what i hear, they are lots quieter than the Nittos, but not as quiet as the Toyos. But they look a hell of a lot meaner than the Toyos :imo

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'll chime in with my limited:D knowledge of these ( I sell all the above on a daily basis). The Mud Grapplers are a POOR choice for a highway driver that needs to be quiet. Damn things sound like a B52 bomber, the faster they spin, the louder they get. Ride is OK, traction is awesome, but most people don't need that much. The M/T Radial MTZ has been great from what I've seen and driven on. Toyo MT is also nice for what it is, but the price usually seems to be higher than the rest.

If I had to choose, it would go down like this:
1) toss up between the Toyo MT, M/T MTZ, and Kumho MT
2)BFG MT if all the above either were not available or didn't have the correct size

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I always thought boggers were fairly quiet........j/k, i know the nitto's arent that quiet, from what i hear, toyo's are an excellent choice

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
BFG mts are good tires, but my next set will most likely be toyos. Hooray for siping and tires wider than 12.5"

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hopefully there isnt too much of a price diff between the nittos and the toyos. When you recommend a tire guys remember its for a 20" rim many of the tires suggested dont come in that rim size.

Anybody see a problem running a 20x8.5 with standard backspacing with a 33x 12.5 tire with keys and GK bars? I dont want my tires sticking out far like they would with 4.5" backspacing, I want my factory fenderflares to catch the road debris thrown up by the tires.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those should tuck under nicely. Go for it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My Toyo's sound like little michelins on a mercedes... Its annoying as anything though... I wish they made at least some sound...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts