GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my very first "truck" (2020 Sierra 1500). I know I am going with a 6 inch Superlift kit. But I am a little confused on what wheels/tire setup I should go with. I will not be off-roading. The most I would tow is probable a small trailer carrying my golf cart. I want an aggressive look but not too aggressive. I am looking for tire with the less road noise. I have been advised I need to go with the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Should I go with 33s or 35s Tires? Should I go with 20x10 20x12 22x10 or 22x12s. Looking for suggestions. Pics would be nice as well!!!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
35s for sure with a 6" lift. The wheel wells on the new trucks need a huge tire to fill them proportionately. Wheel size is purely up to you. Wider wheel will obviously require a wider tire or having a "stretched" look. Wider tire=more poke past the fenders/bedsides which leads to rock chips, tar on the sides, etc. but also looks better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
35s for sure with a 6" lift. The wheel wells on the new trucks need a huge tire to fill them proportionately. Wheel size is purely up to you. Wider wheel will obviously require a wider tire or having a "stretched" look. Wider tire=more poke past the fenders/bedsides which leads to rock chips, tar on the sides, etc. but also looks better
Thanks!!

·
n. fil-dert.
7,085 Posts
Why is it a "truck" and not a truck?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another vote for 35's. They will fill the wheel well without problems. I had a set of Ridge Grappler's from 4wheelonline. These tires are great for off-roading. They are also quiet and smooth at highway speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advise @chasedon. i’m more concerned about the quietness of the tire. i will definitely not be off-roading at all. i have also been told the Nitto G2s were a good tore to consider. Are they quieter than the Ridge Grapplers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also have been told the kuhmo road venture was the quietest A/T tire on the market. i would just have to go with a 20x12 wheel instead of 22x12 if i go with 35s. Anyone have any experience with this tire?

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Ridge > Terra G2 if you are wanting an aggressive look.
22x12 on a 325/50R22 Ridge Grappler would be juicy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.