GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out my components are blown. :pissed: So I’m hunting for new ones. I have a $250 budget. I am running them off a HiFonics NX600 amp 150W x 2 @ 4 ohms, 300W x @ @ 2 ohms. Both RMS ratings. I listen to mainly rock, with some rap. I do want 6.5 mids for sure. What do you guys recommend? I don’t want to change amps so needs to be something I run on this one. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I actually have $500 budget if its something circuit city sells cause I can put it on my card. But would rather not.

·
Registered
50 Posts
get some Crystal sscs6 components. awsome speakers. i have 125w rms to each door in my crewcab and they just scream. i'm thinking of bumping theem up to 200w rms if they come out with a 3-way soon.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Focal, end o story

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
can someone tell me what the big deal is with focal? i dont see the big idea here.. unless your a very obsessive audiophile i dont see them being any different than a set of polk, eclipse, kicker, infinity, crystal, etc components.

·
bombs on target
3,018 Posts
when i first heard focals i was at the local audio shop and the guy was showing me a set of jl components. he had them on and i was impressed. then he was like you know what for a little more you can get these...and he turned on the focals 165a1's...and man the song came alive!!! im not sure what the song was but it was something very musical. it was night and day between the jl's. i was listening and the guy walked out of the room. i had to turn around and check to see of he turned on some speakers behing me but he hadnt. money is slacking for me but soon as i can the focals WILL be in my truck

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
i was just browsing at tweeter the other day right before i ordered my stuff and they wanted $800 for a set of focal comps. :crazy: Infinity kappas are good enough for my blood. Which is the poor mans blood.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
can someone tell me what the big deal is with focal? i dont see the big idea here.. unless your a very obsessive audiophile i dont see them being any different than a set of polk, eclipse, kicker, infinity, crystal, etc components.
If you go to a stereo and hear some mid line speakers like JL or Focal and lower ones like Infinity, RF, and Alpine. Some will sound flat, some will sound distant, some will sound underpowered. This is probably what you'll think if you listen to them in this order:
Alpine, wheres the words?
Infinity, wheres the midbass and low end?
RF, not too bad, look weird and why 2 tweeters, but better than the last 2
JL, nice! Great vocals, good midbass, more wow factor than the last 4 for sure. They take good power, sound great. wrap em up I'll take em
Focal, WOW, where did the rear speakers come from? Did I just get taken into a different room? Are these home speakers? These have got to cost over a grand! Did they switch to a bigger amp? Did they add a small sub? Take those JLs back, I want these!

its like driving a Ferrari for a month and then getting back into your Hyundai daily driver, it sucks

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good was to explain it, Thats is how i felt when listening to focals. Now where is a good place to get some?

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you're going eBay, this seller is supposed to be pretty good... http://search.stores.ebay.com/THE12VKINGS_focal_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZTHE12VKINGSQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ125439587QQsofpZ0

I know ROE also carries them. Otherwise authorized local at a place like CarToys.

Personally I got a set of 165V2(upgraded version) from a guy on caraudio.com for $215 shipped. You really have to watch for this kind of stuff. Three months old and perfect. Even gave me the receipt from his authorized dealer. He was upgrading to the K series. Funny thing is his installer screwed up and Left the new TN52 tweets in the box he sent me. I let him know about it, so he called the installer on the screw up. They gave him a new set of TN52's and pulled the 47's that were in his doors. And I got to keep the TN52's. How sweet is that!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts