GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Fuel M/T, I liked them but they are too expensive from when I originally bought them. Anyone got any tips or good reviews on tires that are a decent price that aren’t known for the name. I love Toyo also but just trying to stay out of that price range. Thank you.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Have seen mixed reviews on Radar. I personally wouldnt cheap out and get a quality tire to reduce any balancing/wear issues. Also check the metric sizes for more options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a set of 35/12.5/20's Patagonia M/T's on a Wrangler recently for my son. Granted, these are 2 totally different vehicles but but after 6K miles, they are QUIET even on a Jeep. Seem to be holding up very well and for the price if they last at least half as long as the last set of generic M/T's I had on that Jeep I will come out way ahead. We beat the snot out of them 2 weeks ago and not so much as a mark was left on them.

Read and watch the review on them, they are worth a look if you're wanting a M/T w/ manners.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve heard good things about Atturo Trail Blade M/T’s. About half the price of the Ridge Grapps that I recently bought. I didn’t hear about these Atturo’s until after I bought the Nitto’s.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I run atturo trail blade mt’s on my 22x12 for 2 summers now with no complaints. Will run em again this summer plenty of tread left. I also run atturo trail blade at’s in the winter on my stock 22x9 Chevy rims. No balancing issues and no complaints. Price em out can’t go wrong. Tires are 35 12.5 22 on both sets

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Lol Atturos are trash. May balance right.. until you need to go back two or three times to rebalance. I know a couple people who have had them and they trashed them in a few months after.

Wildpeaks aren't that much more and are awesome. I ran mine for 15k miles and noticed almost no wear.. Just buy quality once man

Also I thought Patagonia made clothes not tires

·
Registered
16 Posts
Everybody knows someone who knows someone. Lol. I use them on my personal truck only had to balance them ounce. Never had a problem. This is first hand advice not second or third. Lol here’s the tread left after 2 summers.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
some of you guys are missing the 22" wheel requirement. You're really limited to the toyo/nitto - high dollar, get what you pay for brands or going for the cheaper likely to have balance/wear issues that are roll of the dice it seems on a good vs bad set.
Only buy/cry once, get a quality tire. I plan to go nitto again when it comes to replacing my terra g2's.
simpletire.com

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You can never guarantee quality. You may have a good set... who's to say the next set you buy will be just as good. You can say that with all tire manufacturers

However I would feel much safer spending a bit more on quality tires... then chinese atturos.. even if the price is 200 bucks more a set. ffs you drive 60+ on these things everyday

Like he said, buy once cry once

also I can hear that picture

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
You can get the Yokohama Geolander M/T's in 285/55/22 which is a 34.8" diameter tire for $100.00 a tire less then the Nittos or Toyo's and they are comparable quality wise. I almost bought these but I only wanted a 33" tire and they don't make a 33x12.50/22.

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,498 Posts
I’ll just throw this out there, I had 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country A/T2 Extremes on 22x12s and those were the most quiet, smooth riding tire I’ve ever owned. They aren’t priced too badly either. Tires are the only thing connecting you and your truck to the road, don’t cheap out and put you and other people’s life in danger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guy. I really wanted to go with a tire that wasn’t M/T. Yes, it’s very difficult to find a decent price when I run 22’s. Just was trying to get some info, like I stated I bought Fuel tires before they were even known and now they’ve jacked the price way up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I run atturo trail blade mt’s on my 22x12 for 2 summers now with no complaints. Will run em again this summer plenty of tread left. I also run atturo trail blade at’s in the winter on my stock 22x9 Chevy rims. No balancing issues and no complaints. Price em out can’t go wrong. Tires are 35 12.5 22 on both sets View attachment 869789

When you say 2 summers, roughly how many miles are you running?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Everybody knows someone who knows someone. Lol. I use them on my personal truck only had to balance them ounce. Never had a problem. This is first hand advice not second or third. Lol here’s the tread left after 2 summers. View attachment 869802
So two summers for you, but how many summers did the person you bought them from run them before you? Because if I bought a set of MTs new and they looked like that after two summers of use I’d never buy that brand again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you say 2 summers, roughly how many miles are you running?
Lift was installed at 11,500 miles 50,350 miles now. 3 years later maybe 35,000 miles on mt’s. At’s are on 2.5 to 3 months a year. Check out customwheeloffset.com they have comparisons between the high dollar tires and these. Might have to scroll through the archives but it’s there under shit I never knew. Also on YouTube.

·
Super Moderator
5,620 Posts
Just like any other shit from China. Quality is hit or miss. Just because yours were good doesn’t mean another set will be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whatever dude. My shit was bought a year apart. First from custom offsets and a year later believe it or not from Walmart. All you see is China lol get a life

1 - 20 of 22 Posts