GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
I had a set custom built for my 4.3

-just get a set of OBS truck headers (305/350) and have the un-needed part of the flange and primary tube "deleted" LOL... the work greak... I think I used Hooker headers but honestly I cant remember. a local race shop fabbed them up for me.

Do you want shorty's or long tubes?

·
I need more power!!!!!!
113 Posts
If im not mistaken i think Gibson makes a some for the 4.3 let me know if u find em and the actually help out much..

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
May i ask why you would put headers on a v6 truck? I have the same engine but i dont see any point of upgrading it becuse its a v6 fullsize and its gonna sound nasty and still be slow.....not tryin to pick tho at all

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
May i ask why you would put headers on a v6 truck? I have the same engine but i dont see any point of upgrading it becuse its a v6 fullsize and its gonna sound nasty and still be slow.....not tryin to pick tho at all
the man speaks the truth. Take that money and put it towards an engine swap. They're much less involved than people think. It's a little more work coming from a v6 but it's worth it. hell you can find a 5.3L with harness and everything for under $750 and get the thing in your truck and running for less than $1200.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys in my v6 i have it pushing over 300 horse and sitting on 24 and still run a high 15 in the quarter i dont think that is to bad so and i also am getting around 20 mpg for gas. so thats why i like my v6

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
hey guys in my v6 i have it pushing over 300 horse and sitting on 24 and still run a high 15 in the quarter i dont think that is to bad so and i also am getting around 20 mpg for gas. so thats why i like my v6

what upgrades do you have?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a air aid cold air, poweraid throttle body, Good hood escalade ram air hood, flowmaster exhaust, superchip programer, plugs and wires

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
i have a air aid cold air, poweraid throttle body, Good hood escalade ram air hood, flowmaster exhaust, superchip programer, plugs and wires
LOL, then you AREN'T putting out over 300 horse power. Nice try buddy

·
I need more power!!!!!!
113 Posts
I have to agree i really don't think that you could get the 4.3 to push over 300 without internal mods... out of the box your lookin at maybe 220 at the flywheel. If this is true i would like to see some proof.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Based on my information I have researched, the 4.3L V6 is rated at 195 hp at the flywheel. With the standard 17% drivetrain loss that means that you are at around 167 hp to the rear wheels. Judging by yours engine upgrades I can safely assume that:
air aid cold air-15rwhp
poweraid throttle body-18 rwhp
Good hood escalade ram air hood-15 rwhp
flowmaster exhaust-25 rwhp
superchip programer-35 rwhp
plugs and wires-25

It's a shame though that you have hit 300 hp but are still running high 15's. Most who are at 300 horsepower have hit 13's especially since you are in a single cab with the lighter v6

·
Registered
26 Posts
Shit, I wish I would have known that you could get 300hp with those mods, it would have saved me a TON of money, god I'm a dummy.

This guy should be raped with a bottle rocket!! :anitoof:

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Based on my information I have researched, the 4.3L V6 is rated at 195 hp at the flywheel. With the standard 17% drivetrain loss that means that you are at around 167 hp to the rear wheels. Judging by yours engine upgrades I can safely assume that:
air aid cold air-15rwhp
plugs and wires-25

It's a shame though that you have hit 300 hp but are still running high 15's. Most who are at 300 horsepower have hit 13's especially since you are in a single cab with the lighter v6
Sarcasam eh? :evil:

·
I need more power!!!!!!
113 Posts
air aid cold air-15rwhp
plugs and wires-25

I still find it hard to believe that the engine makes over 300hp.. yeah thats what the numbers say but i bet it would only hit in the mid 200's if you put it on a dyno :imo

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Srysly? Sorry, but you've been lied to.

Cold air kit: 5hp (maybe)
Throttle body spacer: 0hp
Ram air hood: 0-5hp(maybe)
Flowmaster: -5hp to 5hp (maybe)
Superchip programmer: 5-10hp (if you're lucky)
Plugs/wires: 5hp (maybe)

220 stock hp + 25ish hp does not equal 300hp. You're at like 245 at the flywheel.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
werd..

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
mine put down about 315 at the wheels when I had it :secret: but there was a lot of work in that little motor.... you arent going to do it with bolt ons.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts