GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm sure this has been covered a million times before, but I can't get a search to come up with any good results for a 3/4 drop for an OBS truck. I've found a couple scattered here and there, but they were mixed in with OOBS, NBS and NNBS with all different kinds of drop, both static and bagged.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing 3" springs in front with shackles and hangers in the back and I just wanted a few more pics to completely make up my mind. :)

So can ya help me out?

TIA! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man... That red truck is right up my alley! Gotta love 15's! :D

And how tall a tire is a 275/45/20? I'll be running a 28" tall tire on mine. Nice drop on the blue one, too.

Thanks guys!

Anybody else want to play? :D

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
dont mind the website but I have been using it since high school, trying to figure out diff. tire sizes, it most def comes in handy

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

says
275/40r20's = 28.7
275/45r20's = 29.7

sad part is I was on my way home to order my Eagle 212's w/ 275/40 Toyos when this happened

damn that sucks where did you get those grille inserts?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy shit! Was that in a PARKING LOT?!?!?!?! Damn! I was wondering why you got rid of such a gorgeous truck. Sorry to see it... :(

Funny, i use the same old school tire calculator, too. I actually went there after I asked. :) Thanks!

Thanks for all the pics, guys. I am DEFINATELY going with a 3/4.

How many coils do I cut off the front springs, or is that still frowned upon? ;) There's a bunch of 3" drop springs for less than a hundred bucks out there, is there a particular brand to avoid? A recommended one?

Remember, this truck is just a beater, so it's gonna be done on the cheap! I only paid 400 bucks for the damn thing. ;) I just want it to look decent. I hope to finish the body work up and paint it in the next few weeks.

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
yup it happened in the parking lot, i was driving up the aisle and that stupid ass woman add to my proof that women should have to go through extra driver training and not be allowed to have any distractions in the car

it is possible to cut or heat the coils but your back will thank you for buying the drop coils, I have a set of 3" for an OBS but they wouldnt be worth the shipping

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a set of 3" for an OBS but they wouldnt be worth the shipping
Hey man, I'll take those springs if you're willing to ship 'em! I'll pay shipping and for your time. PM me if you're interested! :)

I'm totally with ya on the chicks 'driving' thing too. Totally sucks you lost that solid ride. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts