GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GMFS # 4
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i originaly wanted to go with a dual din pioneer but i just found out I have a baby on the way so my plans have changed big time. Basically now i am just looking for the best flip out i can get new or used, so any opinions from current owners or past expirences on certain models would be much appreciated. The most important features for me would be getting the largest screen size availabe and ipod connection which is a given. Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Why does your situation cause you to go from Double DIN to Single? Most people prefer the Double DINs, and they're much more durable. Plus, you never have to worry about replacing the motor for the slide out screen. And the screen doesn't get in the way while driving.

·
Registered
302 Posts
What year is your truck? I know that Single DINs require modification on the 99-06 and 07 Classics. The screen hits the dashboard before it can fully open.

·
GMFS Member
20 Posts
I'm not a fan of single din flip outs. Double dins have a more or a sleak look to them, plus the mechanical issues.... I have a JVC double din in my Sierra, & just bought a Pioneer double din for the s10.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ok, if you're set on a Single DIN, I've heard good things about the Clarion VZ401. It has a ton of features, looks good, and is under $500 brand new.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Nakamichi IN-DV7

·
Young N Wreckless
269 Posts
What year is your truck? I know that Single DINs require modification on the 99-06 and 07 Classics. The screen hits the dashboard before it can fully open.
No... Single din flip outs work just fine in those year models. In park the screen hits the gear shifter when opening, but with the key on you can just pull the shifter to you and all is good! I have one in my truck and love it. I always leave mine out and i only close it when I'm in a bad area.

I have a Jensen VM something and it came with the iPod cable. In my opinion I like it others may not just because it's Jensen but I've had no problems to report neither does anyone I know!

·
GMFS # 4
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trust me guys I always wanted a double din buuuuuut i have other priorities right now and just need a decent indash. To be honest only DD i would get would be Pionner and its not just the cost of DD its also the mission I would have to go on just make it fit properly in my 2000 dash bezel

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Trust me guys I always wanted a double din buuuuuut i have other priorities right now and just need a decent indash. To be honest only DD i would get would be Pionner and its not just the cost of DD its also the mission I would have to go on just make it fit properly in my 2000 dash bezel
You can pick up a used DD for less than a flip out plus the radio pocket and bezel. Junkyard.

If you have priorities, why are you adding a dvd player?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
You can pick up a used DD,03+ bezel and radio bucket for less than a new flip out....??

If you have priorities, why are you adding a dvd player?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts