GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Id run bigger than a 35"... IMO at least a 37" BFG Mud... they run small anyways... heres my truck with 9" of suspension (same as 6+3):

DSC02249.jpg

DSC02244.jpg

DSC02242.jpg

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I don't have any pictures, but I think you need more tire with 9" of lift. There are guys on here running 35s with only a 3" bl, and I love the way it looks.

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
Different people like different looks. I love how 35s look on a 6+3. Especially wide 35s on wide rims.

No current pics of my setup though.

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
6" w/ 305's
TK2500Mild01.jpg

6" + 3" w/ 38's (2005)
TK2500Big06.jpg

6" = 3" w/ 37's (current look)
GMFS-2007meet029.gif

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Believe me I would love to run a bigger tire than a 35" BF mud but the money situation is not there to buy bigger tires. I have had my 35 for a little over a year about 5600 mile on them. I really want to go bigger but I cant because Im running a 17x9 Pro-Comp rim. Not many 37's come in a 17 inch rim. So Im looking to trade wheels if anyone is interested.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
9'' lift with only 35's is a tad much lift IMO but if its all you can afford so be it. I personally like the way 37's look with 6.5'' lifts but maybe its just me.

DSCN1127.jpg

DSCN1129.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Thats a sharp looking truck wickedgmc! I just can't get over those obs's man! I wish I had one.

·
Hard Work, Clean Living
317 Posts
Badbowtie who makes/made your front bumper? That thing is nice!!

chsrebelforlife are those NFab bars?? I think nfabs are what I'm going to get for my truck.

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
9'' lift with only 35's is a tad much lift IMO but if its all you can afford so be it.
35s on a 6+3 doesn't mean thats all you can afford. Whats up with that comment?
That'd be like me saying "20s look better on lifted trucks, but if 15s is all you can afford, so be it". That doesn't make sence at all. I love all styles!

Its all about what style you like, big rim/less sidewall, stuffed or un-stuffed.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

chsrebelforlife are those NFab bars?? I think nfabs are what I'm going to get for my truck.
Its made by Tough Country.. it is their full front replacement bumper... Is is their "Apache" series bumper.. you can change up the options too... i got mine from 4wheelonline.com for right around 1k shipped...

Oh and that black OBS on 37" boggers looks so awesome! I love that truck!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Believe me I would love to run a bigger tire than a 35" BF mud but the money situation is not there to buy bigger tires. I have had my 35 for a little over a year about 5600 mile on them. I really want to go bigger but I cant because Im running a 17x9 Pro-Comp rim. Not many 37's come in a 17 inch rim. So Im looking to trade wheels if anyone is interested.
Toyo's M/t is a greaattt tire and its in a 17" wheel... so do Bfg muds.. they are in 17's.... there is more than you think man... look it up! :bowtie:

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
35s on a 6+3 doesn't mean thats all you can afford. Whats up with that comment?
That'd be like me saying "20s look better on lifted trucks, but if 15s is all you can afford, so be it". That doesn't make sence at all. I love all styles!

Its all about what style you like, big rim/less sidewall, stuffed or un-stuffed.
He said he couldnt afford 37's, so he was going to use his 35's till then.
I just think 37's look much better.

If i put a 3'' body on my truck i think the tires im running now would look too small and have to much gap in the wheel wells which i think looks like crap.

·
Registered
889 Posts

Yes they are NFabs. They are the best looking steps I've ever seen by far. But be prepared to wait. It took me over 2 months to get them when it was only supposed to take a week.

As to the comment about not being able to afford nothing but 35s, I used to have some 36s but I swapped to these 35s to be more practical for how much I drive while I'm in school but will swap to 37s when I'm through.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Here is my truck with 6" susp and 3" body with 37s:
sidepic.jpg

Here is a more recent pic with 9" susp and 3" body with 37s:
DSC00007.jpg

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Yes they are NFabs. They are the best looking steps I've ever seen by far. But be prepared to wait. It took me over 2 months to get them when it was only supposed to take a week.

As to the comment about not being able to afford nothing but 35s, I used to have some 36s but I swapped to these 35s to be more practical for how much I drive while I'm in school but will swap to 37s when I'm through.
All depends on the lift too and how you have it set up.
I will also be running 35's in the summer time. I just doesnt seem right to me having 9'' of lift and 35's. your truck looks good by the way, one thing i noticed pro comp lifts dont get the truck up there like some other lifts. That may be why.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts