GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both sides done.

Yeah I cut the shit out of my arm but its all cool.

Now I gotta do the tail gate handle.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
5.3vortec said:
Now I gotta do the tail gate handle.
It's easy, the only worry is not to break the tabs on the bezel. I think I always lift the bottom out first, then have to lift the handle to slide it out.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Nice. Spray the rear handle with Dupli-color rattle can.... I can never tell that it's a rattle can job unless I feel the surface and my whole rear end is color matched. :read:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yes the 03-04 power window controls dont pop out like the others. Just have to pull the door panel off and unclip the wires on the controls and its all good...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chris99GMC said:
Nice. Spray the rear handle with Dupli-color rattle can.... I can never tell that it's a rattle can job unless I feel the surface and my whole rear end is color matched. :read:

I bought the ones already color matched from the dealer.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bcubed said:
It's easy, the only worry is not to break the tabs on the bezel. I think I always lift the bottom out first, then have to lift the handle to slide it out.

I guess I lifted to hard from the bottom cause I broke both top tabs off. Oh well the painted on is on and it looks great. Now I got to get my ss tail gate cap painted and on.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
HumanZoom said:
The door panels on the 03-04 fullsizes are a little bit different...just to let everyone know who is planning on using this tech. The first time I did it I nearly busted the fuck out of the power window controls. Maybe I should write a GMFS 03-04 door panel removal :D
i'll make one, i take my door panels off weekly so i'll grab the camera next time.

a 10mm ratcheting 12pt box end wrench is indispensible for removing the nuts on your door handles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts