GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Got mine from Tractor Supply. DeeZee builds them.

Still trying to come up with a method to mount it without drilling the bed. What are you guys doing?

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Mine came with hooks that went under the bed rails. You could always use a little piece of threaded rod bent into a hook if you cannot find good ones.

·
GMFS Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got mine from Tractor Supply. DeeZee builds them.

Still trying to come up with a method to mount it without drilling the bed. What are you guys doing?
I've looked at those. Did you get one that goes over the bed rails or a flush mount?

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
If you don't want or need a full box, I put the swing cases from Undercover in my truck. I love them. Lockable, and can put a padlock on them. I have one on both sides of my bed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is what i got going on. 19 inches deep with a few inches on the bottom. I'll put up a picture with the tailgate down later tonight.

20151003_181806_zpsohpftxae_edit_1444056176179_zpspqntvqhi.jpg

I love the thing, it really cleans up my back seat!

**EDIT: Here's how much room is underneath
e892d0c0-d2d3-4e9f-8c8b-d08b0eeaed91_zps6fickrui.jpg

·
Registered
227 Posts
if you don't want to loose the bed space and don't have a ton of stuff to warrant a tool box a du-ha is perfect. i have one under my back seat and it held most everything in my tool box

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also have to GM Cargo Management sliding box. I highly recommend it. Sits below the rails and leaves a good bit of space between the bottom of the box and the bed. Best part is, you can slide it around if need be. I bought mine used off Craigslist for $250.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I use a big Rubbermaid tote held in with a cargo bar. If I need the bed to move stuff or whatnot I drag or get a hand and pull it out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Aggie Firefighter
210 Posts

Had a box from my 06 silverado. My buddy with a tig notched the corners to fit in the back of my short bed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
GMFS Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Finally got mine. Heard good things about the Husky boxes so I went that route.

523F03DC-3B12-4CE8-B159-2A9E2D020232_6.jpg

BCCB4813-C27E-448F-A111-0E94DAFE58F6_1.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you guys have or what have you used in the past for tool boxes? I'm still up in the air about one because with the short bed, it would take up useful space, but I'm tired of having tow strap, tool box, seat cover, etc. sliding around under my back seat. If I got a tool box I'd really like it to be a low profile box and preferably black.

I guess another question I have is are most or all tool boxes easy to put in and take out? So if I need the full length of the bed and need to take my box out, would that be a painful process? Does having the box in there take up or block the front tie down loops?

Can you guys post up any recommendations or pictures of what you've got so I can take a look. It would be much appreciated!
Dyco Ventures has a nice truck toolbox with drawers and it is black.

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts