GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys suggest?

im really liking the nitto mud grapplers 37x13.50x17

what else is out there that you guys like?

also if you know the treadware on the tires thatd be awesome, i drive about 20k a year roughly so i want something thats gonna last maybe 2 years... :)

what are some of your personal favs for tires....

mind you my truck is a 2wd so im gonna need all the help i can get from tires for offroading, yet still need something streetable :crazy: hahaha
thanks guys
Kevin

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I just got some nitto MG 37s and love them...they make some noise but ride very smooth...im not sure how well they wear though, haven't put enough miles on them yet. One of the best looking tires out there IMO

9,778 Posts
Don't expect more than 25-30K out of the MG's and they are a very LOUD street tire. They do pretty good in the slop, but they were a tad noisy for me since I drove my Tahoe everyday

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got some nitto MG 37s and love them...they make some noise but ride very smooth...im not sure how well they wear though, haven't put enough miles on them yet. One of the best looking tires out there IMO
werd! your truck was the reason i started looking into the nittos, took me a while to figure out what they were but i finally figured it out. hahaha

be sure to post back up later once you get some miles on them, im curious as to what the treadware is...

how do they handle offroad vs wet weather on road? i heard they get a little slippery on wet freeways?? IDK...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't expect more than 25-30K out of the MG's and they are a very LOUD street tire. They do pretty good in the slop, but they were a tad noisy for me since I drove my Tahoe everyday

any pics of them on the 'hoe?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
werd! your truck was the reason i started looking into the nittos, took me a while to figure out what they were but i finally figured it out. hahaha

be sure to post back up later once you get some miles on them, im curious as to what the treadware is...

how do they handle offroad vs wet weather on road? i heard they get a little slippery on wet freeways?? IDK...
I haven't had them in mud yet....just loose dirt and they did well....wet traction on the highway is very good. I'll keep you posted on the wear.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Go with cooper STTs my cooper dealer Ive always dealt with said theyll go 50k if not more when rotated on time. And hes never bullshitted me

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Go with cooper STTs my cooper dealer Ive always dealt with said theyll go 50k if not more when rotated on time. And hes never bullshitted me
I've heard alot too.. and that is probably close to the truth! Maybe for the regular guy about 40-45k... but if you drove really easily, i bet its possible... I was gonna get those, but ended up with the toyos cause they were an inch wider...

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Treadwear is not a shining grace of the Grapplers, they are heavy, soft and loud. Regardless I think they are a decent tire, I just wouldn't pay the $330/tire they wanted for a new set in my size when I had one replaced.

·
Mike D
53 Posts
check out the toyo MT's. ive got them in 37" on my truck now and i love em, the road noise isnt all that bad and they ride really smooth, ive only had them a few weeks so i dont know about treadwear yet but ive heard good things about them lasting pretty well.

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
The grapplers wear like shit and get very loud after 15k. You won't be able to hear your cell phone on the freeway. Get the toyo mud terrains or some mtz's

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol yea thats what im saying, they look so aggressive on there......

i just want to make sure my new tires have that aggressive look to them...

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
How about the Xtreme A/Ts? They have a fairly aggressive look to them for being an A/T tire. Most aggressive look I have seen so far. My tread is DEEP. I was really surprised. They almost look like M/Ts.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If anyone ever goes A/T, then I think they should get the MT ATZ... it is the best looking all terrain ever made IMO.

·
Paint it Black
142 Posts
If anyone ever goes A/T, then I think they should get the MT ATZ... it is the best looking all terrain ever made IMO.
werd...i love em.

here they are on a buddy of mine's truck in a 37
4WheelJambo07002.jpg

and on my tahoe
Photoshoot1-Rockstars005.jpg

they're soft, smooth, and just about as quiet as they come. almost like stock until about 15k, now they're just a tiny bit louder.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
yeah man, they lookd good on those two chevys! The looks like the mtz's kinda cause they have the same "wave" you know what i mean? They are just toned down a bit and the gaps are way closer together

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Toyo M/T's... Lots of people are running them and love them. I'm on my second set (1st set sold on last truck). The first set were 37X13.50X18's. I got almost 15K miles out of them before selling the truck and they still had at least half the tread left.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts