GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on the look out for a newer truck, would love to find an extended cab 4x4. My question is. After looking thru tons and tons of these trucks for sale, Ive noticed alot of these trucks have over 100k miles and they are still north of $20k. I guess thats just how it is but, How bad is 100k miles on trucks these days? Ive always had in my mind anything over 100k and walk away. Ideally id like to find something with half that, But then the price gets really stupid haha. I guess what Im saying is, Is 100k really all that bad with todays trucks? Im trying to stay under $20k btw how possible is that, or is it a pipe dream?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The previous NNBS that I owned began to "fall to pieces" after 70,000 easy miles. I took better care of that truck than most take care of their wives. I was tired of it spending more time at the dealership than my own driveway. Traded it in for a 2014.

With any used vehicle there will always be risks. No way around it.

If I had $10-$15,000 cash to purchase a lightly used truck I would look at a 2003-2007c Silverado. Great run of trucks for GM.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just found a 2008 extended cab 2wd with 92k on the clock.. Asking 13k Looks super clean.. Any thoughts?

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Yup. If something happened to my NNBS I would get another 04-07 1500. IMO a much better made truck.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
imo id look into getting one with a 6speed transmission. other then that thats a nice price.

·
NVG-149 FTW!
501 Posts
03-07's are excellent trucks, as long as you don't live where salt is used. Ate my NBS to pieces. So far my NNBS is fairing okay...

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts