GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am currently in Hawaii but when I get back home in a week I am pulling a $20k loan and purchasing a chevy silverado 1500 ext cab. I am wondering what would be the best lift for this truck I am thinking 6" and 35's or 9" and 37s also if I lift my truck should I opt for the v8 over the v6 even if its just the small v8. I cant afford the larger one I dont think since im looking for a low mileage 2001-2003 prob under 40k miles and power everything. What do you guys recommend also where can I research more about these trucks and prices of them?

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
enginewise i say go with a small v8 cuz you will have a lot more to work with when it come time to turn big tires.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Id say go with the 4.8 atleast...i know there some people that have the 4.3, but i just like the power of the v8s. V6s will turn the tires, but you might want to go with a lower gear...like most people would run 4.10 and 35s and have good power with a v8, you might wanna consider 4.56s if you have a v6 to make up on the torque some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts