GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you all recommend....im going to replace the front and rear speakers of my truck....i was thinking of running the KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-XR71P (FRONT) and the KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X468C (REAR)....what do you all think....any suggestions or comments will be helpfull....also if you know of any places to get shit cheap and with a warranty.......thanks

josh :gmfs:

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
I don't know anything about the speakers you want. But I know what I wanted when I replaced mine and I just waited for them to go on sale. Ended up getting the fronts and rear at different stores. Keep checking the Sunday sale in the paper. Easy as shit to replace although my stock speakers had some funky plastic clips holding them in. I just drilled new holes and bolted them in.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on everyone....hook it up with the feed back...im looking to get some speakers soooon.......

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i was looking into those but the depth on them....do they fit right in...cause if that is the case im going to buy them toinght.......lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
whatever you do go all 1 brand....I am going all sony, I have a nice 6.5" componet set in the door's and looking to get a 4x6 set for the side panels, and got a nice 10" sub for the back.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I have kenwoods, they were the top of the line ones before the excelons came out. They are very nice speakers, front and rear. I had some 6x9s also that whifflebat has in his blazer now.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going with infinity kappa 60.5cs for the front....and infinity kappa 462.5cfp for the rear...the front is a 6 1/2 component set and the rear is a 4 x 6 2 way plate speaker....

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
You can get a nice set of CDT Audio from www.thezeb.com for like 149.99 shipped...I have the step above these right now and they sound very good to me...or you could buck up and get some Morel Hybrids for 600 a pair...I'd suggest a component set for the front doors amplified...turn off the rear 4x6...and ad a pair of 10's amped, as well. You will definately need a new h/u to produce any decent sound...the factory h/u:puke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts